Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N17 Crazy Prices - Terryland, Galway

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Was just down in the N17 Crazy Prices in Terryland...their prices are pretty good.

Listerine Coolmint 500ml €2.99 - Tescos price €5.19
    Lynx Deodorant Range €1.99 - Tescos price €3.75
    Dairygold 454g €0.99 - Tescos price €2.09
    Special K €2.99 - Tescos price €4.69
    Ragu 500g €1.69 - Tesco price €1.99

Loads of other cheap cheap brand names. It feels like a cash & carry but what do I care with everything so cheap.

EDIT: I think I put this in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emmyea

Where is this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Can this thread be moved to the bargain alerts forum?

It's just a few doors down from Terryland Fruit & Veg.

I went down again today. Their prices are amazing.

Hellmanns 600g Mayo €2.49 - Tesco price €3.89
    Uncle Bens Medium Curry Jar €1.89 - Tesco €2.19

I'm only using Tescos prices because they're easy to find online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emmyea

I went down to them yesterday for a look.... the prices really are mad...How are they so cheap?
    I wonder how dunnes and tesco will respond nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I dunno, the one over in Milltown reminds me of 1970's East Germany. Most of the good stuff doesn't last long, plenty of dross in there too.

Stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap will be the motto from now on I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

emmyea wrote: »
    I went down to them yesterday for a look.... the prices really are mad...How are they so cheap?I wonder how dunnes and tesco will respond nearby?

They are probably not actually cheap, its just that they are not out to gouge people like the big supermarket chains. Its about time somebody smashed the cartel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Went looking for it, couldn't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

its very good this is their second shop and

THERE IRISH

ill support them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

At least some of their lines appear to be imported directly from Britain / North of Ireland.

If you check the labels, some items don't carry the Irish customer service phone no that you'd find on identical items in the other Irish supermarkets.

I saw Knorr packet soups there a few weeks ago and both the design of the packets and the weights contained were different (weights higher) than what I'm used to here. They had one called something like Scottish leek and potato that i've never seen here before - very nice it was too.

Prices are great if you want household name branded goods.

I got a pack of Jacobs figrolls and, while the packaging was the same as ours, the biscuits were a slightly different shape and the figs had a different consistency and flavour. I'd prefer ours but my friend thought the imported version was nicer - more like McVitie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

gally74 wrote: »
    its very good this is their second shop and

THERE IRISH

ill support them

not alone irish but actually local;
    i believe the owner is from a rural area near tuam;
    more luck to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Been to the shop in milltown a few times, he actually buys in NI and passes the savings on to the consumer, the one in galway is beside the fruit n veg shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Kilteragh

Stayed at the Coutyard Marriott over the weekend and laughed when I saw the Crazy Prices / N17 store practically next door, having seen it mentioned here.

It really is unreal in terms of pricing. We bought many of the products listed here and more and spent about €75 euro. I estimate the same shopping (all well-known brands) would have cost 125 in Tesco - no joke.

Coke had "£" prices on the labelling and the bottlers were listed at Lisburn - but so what? It tastes exactly the same, not surprisingly :)

They also have a electrical hardware store next door. I only spent about five mins there and didn't buy anything but I did notice a Philipps CD / IPOD speaker combo unit on sale fo €79.99 while the same one is in Zhivago's for €99.99

Advertisement