Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

headphone jack replacement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JustEnough

Quite often the IO panel of a laptop is a small and relatively cheap part. If the problem is that you physically broke the headphone socket that might be worth investigating.

Its tough to say though without knowing the model of laptop and if you're comfortable taking it apart yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Most headphone sockets are built into the motherboard, unless you know what you are doing you could destroy your PC. You can buy USB to headphone jack adapters or USB headphones very cheap on EBAY

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=usb+headphones&_sacat=See-All-Categories

htcstereoconverter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I did some damage to my dell laptop headphone jack before and they ended up replacing my motherboard under warranty. Depending on what you actually broke it could be a difficult thing to simply replace or fix if you don't know what your doing.
    Maybe get a better quality USB thing and try and take care of it?

Advertisement