Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundmax integrated audio not working

Options
  • 20-03-2009 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi There

I'm having problems with the sound chip in my laptop - I get no sound at all (not even system sounds) and if I view it in device manager is shows an exclamation mark and the properties show Error code 10 - this device is unable to start.
    Here's my system info
    I have a Sony Vaio VGN-T250 notebook running XP SP2
    512mb ram, 1.2GHz processor
    Intel Montara-GM+ i855GME mobo chipset
    sound chip is integrated into the mobo from what I know

I've tried enabling/disabling the device, installing the latest drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the device severl times, downloading chipsets from Intel and rolling back the latest windows update.
    None of the windows troubleshooting docs have helped either (no surprises there)
    So, what are my options? I bought the laptop 2nd hnd from a work colleague who has since left about a year ago, so I don't have, nor can I get the XP CD to do a full format/reinstall. I don't think the issue is caused by any downloaded software.
    Am I definitely looking at a hardware problem at this point in time?
    If so, can anyone recommend someone in Galway City - I trust myself with software, but not to crack the case on this thing

Thanks

Advertisement