Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today germany classed ROI as a basket case finacially

Options
  • 20-03-2009 9:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Today germany classed ROI as a basket case finacially.Listened to the morning Ireland RTE news and they said that Germany says it a toss wheather Greece or ROI both basket cases which will need rescuing first.

(link to be supplied as soon as one is on RTE or similar )

So now we see the real guns of EU on the rampage .They even infered if they rescue the ROI the price will probably include us giving up cheap corperation tax.

So we will get rescued and then all the country will be unemployed as the 60% of the irish economy are living of the USA companies who then exit stage left .

So we can now see a vote yes to the Lisbon means we must give up our low tax that keeps us employed so a yes vote will make us all unemployed .
    Fantantic news just what we all need a 50% plus unemployment rate if we vote yes to Lisbon

A NO vote will also make risk to be kicked out of the euro and then we have to make a punt and then we bomb the punt and beome a cheap country with low wages but full for work

Given the choice I prefer to vote NO yet again so as to stop these bully boy tactics of the EU who see that we are tiny place to squashed underfoot .

Me I prefer to bite the EU nose if they try to squash us

The Lisbon referdum is to steal our rights to make solutions for us that keep us employed and keep ROI democratic

Having lived and worked in many EU countries many which are high unemployent like communist regime France where 60% work for the state on mega low wages I can tell you democracy is nearly non existant in most EU countries .

Also the lisbon treaty if brought into force will kill of the last vestages of democracy in the EU and in ROI

Derry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Maybe I'm just in bad humour today, but what the hell are you talking about? I think that voting no to Lisbon now will leave us as outcasts, more dependent than ever on the UK and US. I think a lot of people want the greater integration with Europe.

And the cheap corporation tax did give rise to a non-level playing field, in which Germany, the Low Countries, France etc lost out to us. The EU let us retain it, even though it hurt them.

"A tiny place to be squashed underfoot"? They're talking about rescuing us from financial crisis a la Iceland, ffs!

For a lad/person who's worked in a lot of countries, you are remarkably blinkered. France is not a communist country, it's left-leaning. Big, big difference.

And most all European countries have a healthy democracy - but look at Ireland. Two centre-right parties who differentiate themselves based on an aborted rising from almost 100 years ago, a long-standing suspicion of the left. Democracy in this country is two wolves and a sheep voting over what to have for dinner.

In short, I've never read a sillier post on boards.ie - and that's saying something. You're scattershot, hitting all the targets, xenophobic (for a person who claims to be well-travelled) and a really bad speller. What is it with conspiracy nuts and grammar?

And look at the way you type "NO", like you're screaming it. Like you're about to be r*p*d.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Not a News/Media topic.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement