Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Right Price Cars on Prussia St.

Options
  • 20-03-2009 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Has anyone dealt with them? They're selling a few cars I'm interested in for about 20% cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. The phrase "too good to be true" comes to mind.

So what's the catch? Dodgy motors? Don't take trade ins?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Has anyone dealt with them? They're selling a few cars I'm interested in for about 20% cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. The phrase "too good to be true" comes to mind.

So what's the catch? Dodgy motors? Don't take trade ins?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

normally a small trader... buying in all the liquidated stock of the big dogs...

deffo bring a mechanic and ideally bring her up on a lift to check everything 2 over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

What are you looking at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

I was going to ask the same question as the OP. but seeing that there are 3 - 4 Right Price Cars threads that are virtually 'zombies' tends to make me believe - no news is good news!? If they were seriously dodgy - these threads would be very busy right?
    Judging on lack of 'venting' by customers - I'd say they ok.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I've bought from them myself. They tend to sell there cars quite cheap - either because they're working off a low margin business model or the cars they're selling owe them very little (due to the fact that they buy some of there cars in liquidation sales as another poster mentioned).

Have you ever walked around the area out at the back and at a looked at some of the cars that are waiting to me "cleaned" up before they're put on sale? From what I saw it looked like some of the cars had been brutally tortured! Hand-brakes missing, gear sticks broken etc...

Having said that I bought a car off them about a year ago and have had no trouble with it to date. I've just had to buy two tyres but that doesn't bother me. There was a couple of things that they were meant to do for me one of which was to get me the second key fob for the car. I presisted with it until they ended up having to buy a key fob for the car for me! :D Took 3-4 months to get it but the key fob are like €200!

Overall I'd say that I've had no problem with the car I bought but the aftersales is poor. Thing to remember is that you're buying a car not aftersales. If you want to buy aftersales go to Joe Duffy or one of those and you'll pay for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

A relative bought a car from them. Good-ish deal and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I've sold them a lot of stuff that we've traded in. They tend to give very good money for good cars , sell them at a tight margin and they dont bother with the older stuff at all.

He told me they shifted over 300 cars in January, they must be doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭panacea

"If you want to buy aftersales go to Joe Duffy or one of those and you'll pay for it!"

Dont even start me off .... never NEVER EVER again will I deal with them.

Purchased more than 15 cars from them over a period of 3-5 years and I can assure you that aftersales / customer care are not something to be taken gor granted as a core strength.

You bought 15 cars off them, so they must be doing something (if not nearly everything) right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭panacea

Jumping to conclusions all over the place there as the problems were all to do with aftersales and customer relationships, issues which didnt necessarily raise alarm bells until after the majority of the cars were purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

JHMEG wrote: »
    You bought 15 cars off them, so they must be doing something (if not nearly everything) right?

yeah after about number 12 I'd be thinking of maybe trying one of the other 1000+ places around if I was unhappy

• Advertisement

panacea wrote: »
    Jumping to conclusions all over the place there as the problems were all to do with aftersales and customer relationships, issues which didnt necessarily raise alarm bells until after the majority of the cars were purchased.

Did the problems start after the 15th car was purchased? How many cars were there problems with? Were you looking for aftersales on cars that had been bought 3-5 years earlier?

You've been very vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Do they have anything connection to the Nissan deraldership that used to be located at that location?

I noticed the dealdership close a few years ago presumably to build apartments as they have a fairly large back lot. I guess they never sold it before the crash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lalaland22

Good car.. Crappy service.

Bought a car there bout a month ago. Engine light straight away. not fixed for 3 weeks. Car came back with extra damage that they are claiming they didnt do.

Arrogant attitudes. once they have your money the niceness ends.

Steer clear. Not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MonicaWonder

Agree totally with the negative comments here. If I could I'd throw the car at them at this stage. Total cowboys who laugh at you when you ask where the logbook is or god forbid that they might actually fix something under warrenty. Its seriously not worth it. Buy a car off someone who actually looks after them. Don't get burned. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I always buy my cars from Left Price Cars on Russia St.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement