Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bus service from Portarlington to Stradbally?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Details please. Thinking ahead so no emergency.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭El Che

I'm not aware of any such service, but am open to correction if anyone knows more about local public transport. Its terrible or non-existent down here.

The only service I know of is the TownLink which covers Portlaoise to Tullamore (through Mountmellick, Clonaslee, etc.) and possibly runs some services in the Borris-In-Ossory area (Abbeyleix and Mountrath).

Your best bet is either taking the train to Portlaoise and getting a taxi from there, or more sensibly, taking a taxi from Portarlington to Stradbally (12.4 miles or 24 minutes with a max cost of €24.90 or €12.74 if charged by minute). One taxi driver will do it for €10 though, PM me if you want his number.

If all else fails it would take an hour by bicycle.

Advertisement