Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bags for the Brown Bin

Options
  • 19-03-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've a question about bags for the brown bin.

Does anybody know if there are biodegradable bags with EN 134132 accreditation, as according to Dublinwaste.ie, these are acceptable in the brown bin!
    At present, we've been using paper carrier bags or newspaper, but often they get soggy/ripped and we don't eat enough spuds to use their bags all the time! For the black bin we use "Fully Degradable" Eco-sacks, but I do not know if they are accredited or not to use in the brown bin!

I would like to know where to get bags with EN 134132 accreditation or proper paper waste bags for the brown bin/caddy (I've googled 'em, I know they exist, just don't know where to buy)! The biodegradable bags would be best coz we are considering getting a new, bigger food waste bin as the kitchen caddy is far to small/low to the ground.

Cheers in advance,

U.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Hi, we just got a brown bin last week, off Thorntons (sp?) they supplied a bunch of biodegradable bags with the bin. After a few days use, it already stinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hi, we just got a brown bin last week, off Thorntons (sp?) they supplied a bunch of biodegradable bags with the bin. After a few days use, it already stinks!

Were they "plastic" or paperish? Any brand on them? Were they green in colour by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

They're light green in colour, the only name I can see on them is Thorntons. The texture is plasticy (that's my word, you like it?:D) but not like a plastic bag, a kind of plasticy papery

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Give Thornton (or other suppliers) a ring and ask if they know where the bag can be gotten or indeed if they will sell them to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I don't know where you live but I bought some in Morton's in Rathmines. Saw them in Superquinn also. €3.50 for one bag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Give Thornton (or other suppliers) a ring and ask if they know where the bag can be gotten or indeed if they will sell them to you?
    I don't think Thornton supplied us wit the bin.

I'd be in the Dublin City Council by the way!
    Sleipnir wrote: »
    €3.50 for one bag!

Ha! It's only €2 to have the actual bin lifted - I won't be paying 3.50 for one bag! I'd rather pay a small child to clean out the bin after a collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Ha! It's only €2 to have the actual bin lifted - I won't be paying 3.50 for one bag! I'd rather pay a small child to clean out the bin after a collection.

Oh neither did I. I bought http://www.greensax.com instead. 3 bags for about the same price.

Advertisement