Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low rating for recent build....

• 19-03-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Having a bad day here and being a little paranoid but I keep going over my figures but I am getting an E1 for a top floor apartment c.2004 which has;

living space nearly 50% of overall, electric heaters, loads of windows, only 2 vents throughout (most vents are tiny slits in windows), no thermostat on cylinder, elec emmersion as hot water system...

Surely I am messing up somewhere, can a relatively new build get such a bad rating?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Electric Heating is bad, space or water, is bad.

Lots of windows, unless they are low energy windows, is bad because they usually have high u-values and are heatloss areas.

Top floor apartments are usually worse than mid floor as they have large amounts of heatloss area.

Poor heating controls are bad.

Its a bad apartment mate.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Electric Heating is bad, space or water, is bad.

Lots of windows, unless they are low energy windows, is bad because they usually have high u-values and are heatloss areas.

Top floor apartments are usually worse than mid floor as they have large amounts of heatloss area.

Poor heating controls are bad.

Its a bad apartment mate.

100% agreed.... im actually surprised its up to the E1 mark with such dependency on electricity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

here

http://www.sei.ie/Your_Building/BER/BER_Assessors/February_Status_report.pdf

( PS - wow . Big jump in no. of certified and registered assessors vs Jan figs )

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    100% agreed.... im actually surprised its up to the E1 mark with such dependency on electricity.

Thanks guys, think I'm going to call this one a day and come back tomorrow....

Can someone tell me what a "celect type control" is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

sinnerboy wrote: »
    here

http://www.sei.ie/Your_Building/BER/BER_Assessors/February_Status_report.pdf

( PS - wow . Big jump in no. of certified and registered assessors vs Jan figs )

And if you do some sums an average of 6.4 assessments published per assessor @ an average of 250 each (say) thats an average total income per assessor of 1600 so far in this scheme. Frightening isn't it!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

We should do as the taximen do - block O Connel St :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I don't know I can't afford the taxi fare to get there!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

:rolleyes:
    sinnerboy wrote: »
    We should do as the taximen do

Fair point as there is a fair amount of them doing what we do (BER Certs)

topcatcbr wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Fair point as there is a fair amount of them doing what we do (BER Certs)

:D:D:D

Advertisement