Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you tune into an Irish Paranormal radio show on the 'real' radio?

Options
  • 19-03-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Question for you all.

If there was a paranormal radio show on the wireless type radio (as in not just the online variety), would you tune into it?

If you did would you expect it to favour the believers, the cynics or the skeptics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

iamhunted wrote: »
    Question for you all.

If there was a paranormal radio show on the wireless type radio (as in not just the online variety), would you tune into it?

If you did would you expect it to favour the believers, the cynics or the skeptics?
    Yes i would tune in,id have it on all the time theres alot i dont understand about the paranormal,because im eager to learn more..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd listen when I could but the option of a downloadable version would be a help. I'd prefere a neutral show which allowed for both sides depending on the content of each show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

thats along the same lines as we were thinking - a show for everyone, believer, skeptic or cynic with some factual info (sleep paralysis for example) and an overall discussion topic per show with some live call ins and the obligatory interview.

Keep your ear open as there'll be something announced within the next month that will be on local radio, a web stream and podcasted after.

Im trying to find out if there has ever been a dedicated paranormal radio show on irish commercial radio to the same degree - I know theres been psychic/medium readings on radio before but this is a whole other kettle of fish so theres a chance it could be a bit of a first for the Irish paranormal community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I would listen and as 6th said a podcast facility would be good for missed shows. I would think a show where people can ring in and talk about there experiences and then have people comment/debate the source behind it or truth behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

iamhunted wrote: »
    Question for you all.

Id listen everyday.Id like it to not favour any view,just be as neutral as it can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Yeah i think it would be a very good idea for a show. but it would be important that it not favour one side more than the other. If its too "believer" ppl wont take it seriously but if its too "scientific" and explaining away every personal experience ppl wont listen either, def wont ring in. No one wants to be condescended by the "professionals":D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yes I would listen, it's a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Matthew_PRAI

Yeah Defo, id listen till the cows come home... !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best idea I've heard all day. I could think of at least 20 of my friends who would listen too. I wouldn't feel good listening to a radio show that is biased to crazy theories other than the plain simple.

Advertisement