Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anniversary with ex

Options
  • 19-03-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Long time reader but never poster!

Today I would have been 9yrs with my ex. We broke up after 6yrs - suddenly - he said he woke up and didnt love me any more :( Anyway thought I was totally over that phase of my life but today I just feel sad that all the hopes and future we had planned together were a waste.

I feel guilty as I have a lovely bf, been together about 1.5yrs and couldnt be happier - and here I am dewelling over the past!

I am not sure what advice I am looking for. Guess I would like to hear that how I feel is normal - or abnormal and that I need to get a life.

Any advice greatly appreicated.

PS not sure it matters but he was my first serious bf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

Of course it is normal, it is a grief. You can think you are ok then all of a sudden, things hit you and feelings come flooding back.

I guess because it was a sudden one sided split, it will be harder but you will be fine, enjoy your new man. :)

Things happen for a reason hun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

life is complicated

Advertisement