Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nervous about first date

Options
  • 19-03-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have a first date tomorrow night & I'm absolutely dreading making a fool out of myself. I know it's totally irrational. I've been on lots of first dates & I always get on fine but for some reason this man has me quaking in my boots(mixed in with a little bit of excitement). I'm worried I'll run out of things to talk about, or worst still talk a load of crap and come off looking stupid. Or I'll spill my food or take a hopper or anything else that could possibly go wrong!

This really isn't like me. I feel like I'm going to an important interview, any tips on calming my nerves would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If you liked the guy and he was bumbling or tripped or something, do you think it would matter that much to you?? You can always have a pact to not feel pressurized if you run out of things to say. You probably will, after all. It doesn't mean you would be lousy together. Only the rarest first dates don't have a couple of short silences...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I find I'm most excited/nervous when it's a guy I really really like. Which usually means there's probably a good connection. First dates are all about laughing & 'omg I spilled beer on your crotch' etc.. Don't worry, you'd forgive him any accidents as he will you.
    Just take deep breaths and don't get something (if ye are going for food) that will upset your stomach. And be your fabulous self :) Nerves make the date more exciting I find

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Glass.Of.Wine.

You will be fine after that. Enjoy yourself, and keep your hand on you ha'penny. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

First dates are weird, they are horrible but lovely at the same time.

EVERYONE has the jitters before a date, there is always what ifs but you can't predict the future, just go with it and make it as fun as you can! He will be nervous too, don't forget that.

Enjoy. ;)

Advertisement