Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in greystones?

Options
  • 19-03-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi
    I have recently moved to the Kilcoole/Greystones area and need a dentist. The last few days I have been in pain with what I think is my bottom wisdom tooth although it could be a cavity too, not sure!
    I am totally scared of dentists, :eek: I know its stupid but i can't help it so I need a good kind dentist that won't lecture me!! Also need a dentist that opens on Saturday if possible.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Dont know about one in Greystones but I can highly recommend a dentist in Shankill, Dr Kavanagh - above the Spar on the main st. I've been going for years and is excellent. His number is in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Chris Sweeney in the dentists in the Tesco centtre.
    She's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Avoid the guy in the doctor's practice on Trafalgar Road -- I think his name is Molloy. My husband went to him and said he was terrible, really gruff and didn't care if you were in pain. He switched to a lady who I think is down the lane at Bocellis and said she was brilliant, I will ask him for her name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 buzzbuzzbuzz

Thanks everyone, if you could get that name GAN that would be great. God i'd couldn't handle a mean dentist... i'm such a wuss!
    Appreciate the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

I'd second Christine Sweeney - Any procedures I've had there have been totally pain free experiences! And the other dentist in the practice up there in Tescos, Greystones seems equally good. Never saw so many cheerful people leaving a dentist's.

• Advertisement

And they're reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Down the lane beside Bocelli is Kilfeather, he is really good.

Dental Surgeons, Kilfeather Gerard BDS, Walcot Bow la Church rd Greystones Wicklow, (01)2875133

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

Gerry Kilfeather, I still have nightmares about him yanking out some of my teeth as a nipper. Not that he was a bad dentist more the fact that I was terrified of the whole removal proceedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

GAN wrote: »
    Avoid the guy in the doctor's practice on Trafalgar Road -- I think his name is Molloy. My husband went to him and said he was terrible, really gruff and didn't care if you were in pain. He switched to a lady who I think is down the lane at Bocellis and said she was brilliant, I will ask him for her name

Was down with Bernard Molloy about 2 weeks ago having an extraction done, and he was great! Also should complement the lovely dental nurse that was there too. Think Donna was her name?? I went in and told him I was terrified and he was very sympathetic, told me exactly what the procedure was and told me to close my eyes (presumeably when he was producing the giant needle!!) Overall,a pleasant experience,I must admit(!!) and I will be going back to him. So either your husband got him on a bad day or I got him on a good day!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Well just in case I'm getting his name wrong -- he is the old guy who works in Dr Cuddihy and Dr O'Brien's surgery on Trafalgar Road. A neighbour of ours has been going to him for years and says he has always been very grumpy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I go to Molloy, been with him about ten years and have always found him great and very pleasant and i wouldn't be the best patient hate the needles, tendency to faint. He's also excellent in an emergency which I've unfortunately had.
    Only one negative is that he can be a lil patronising, plenty of "good girl", I'm 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Oh My GOD!! Dr Molloy is just the nicest Dentist ever bevlieve me. I had train tracks for 8 years tooing and froing from Orthadontists around the country and he has been one of the kindest and gentlest I have been too out of 10 or 12 dentists.

I started going there over 2 years ago as I get my teeth cleaned and checked 3 times a year. He is the opposite to what I have read, on every occassion he has been very cheery in fact when my sister asked about a local dentist I called him the Happy Dentist. On several times my little son has had to come in with me and he has entertained him and also checked his teeth while I was there. Now if a 3 year old doesnt mind a man sticking things in his mouth and laughs and jokes with him the man is a genious!!(the has murals of Jungle book on the walls so that is an added bonus for any kid, in fact why would a grumpy man have that)

Personnally I couldnt recommend him highly enough. Oh and the receptionist is so lovely too and very helpful. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Try Adrian Cunningham of Rosair Dental Practice, Eden Rd., Greystones 2017881 [down by the side of the railway]. Absolutely best Dentist there is. Family have tried most of them but now we all go to his practice at he is fantastic and procedures pain-free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Try Adrian Cunningham of Rosair Dental Practice, Eden Rd., Greystones 2017881 [down by the side of the railway]. Absolutely best Dentist there is.
    +1
    I was there yesterday to have a wisdom tooth with a cavity removed. It sounds similar to what the OP needs looked at.

Fantastic and pain free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 grouser

Yes I'd endorse Gerry Kilfeather - good manner, effective work, and willing (and able) to work without the injections that I hate. He also offers short term fixes that seem to last for ever as an alternative to the major work that would have you leaving an arm and a leg behind.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AlannaMac

The dentist in Tesco in Greystones is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Who needs nitrous oxide with these 3 excellent Greystones based dental professionals?

stooges-dentist-2.jpg?w=468&h=363
    The're great GAS

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

I know this is an old'ish thread at this stage, but I must say that after needing to get an emergency tooth extraction and some additional work done later on, I cannot recommend Christine up in Greystones Dental Centre highly enough... (That's in the Tesco btw...)

She performed the work nicely and efficiently... and on top of that, they were the most painless visits to any dentist I've ever had...

Another plus is that she explains why and what she'll be doing as well, although I'm sure you could ask her not to if so inclined... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 chui

I'd also recommend Christine sweeney in Tesco, number is 201 7000. Great with kids and nervous adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

HI buzzbuzzbuzz - you already have plenty of opinions but i have to say christine, the lovely scottish lady, at the tesco dentist is fantastic. aside from being a great dentist she has a lovely manner and one time when i had to get something expensive done she said I could pay the next time i was down (think it was a day or two before payday). they are a nice practice who dont just try rip you off like so many others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This OP was looking for dentist around 19-03-2009.

I have a feeling they might have found one by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hollingerj

Hi all i dont know if its too late to try with this thread but i just moved to greystones ( + wife and 2 little girls!) were looking for a good family dentist? have seen the recommendations above, does this still stand?!
    Thanks!

Was at the dentist this morning and I still think Chris in the one at Tesco's is excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭mtucker

Adrian Cunningham of Roseair Dental Practice, Eden Rd. (the road opposite Declan's Barbers) is really good too. Explains exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it, no pain and you're never waiting around.

Really nice nurses, hygienists too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

Wow....Bernard Molloy the best i've been to. I've lived in USA and Ireland over the last few years and i go to dentist every six months and the best dentist i've come across is Molloy. I'm not the greatest of patients and hate needles but Bernard was pleasant and assured me constantly. And to top it off when i go to pay the assistant asks me would i like to pay over two weeks cause of the economy and i mightn't have enough money!!!...And my bill was only €60!!!
    Highly recommend him!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 littleears

Hi all,
    i moved to greystones 2 years ago and read this thread when i was trying to find a dentist. I went to a few but eventually stayed with Gerry Kilfeather. He is brilliant! Im a very nervous patient mostly from a previous bad experience with another dentist but Dr. Kilfeather really put me at ease. my filling was done there and then with no pain or stress! i was so relieved.
    I have since brought my 3 children to him and we are so happy that they wont inherit my massive fear of dentists!!! although saying that i no longer dread the dentist and dont put off my check ups!
    His nurses and reception staff are brilliant and they have a female dentist there too.
    They take medical card patients now and you can get your free yearly check up under the PRSI with them too.
    Their address is Bow LAne, church road, Greystones, 01-2875133.
    they also now send txt or email reminders which is really helpful!
    try www.kilfeatherdental.ie

anyway i just wanted to put this up as i have spend most of my adult life putting off the dentist but i dont have to anymore! Dr. Kilfeather is really patient and i definately recommend him!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgar_Murl

I would have to agree with the posts about Gerry Kilfeather. My wife and I have been going to him for 25 years and neither of us are particularly good dental patients. My four children all continue to go him, even though two of them live a abroad. He really knows his stuff. Down the lane beside Bocelli's. His dental hygenist is also fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement