Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windsurfing course?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I hope i can post about windsurfing in here without causing much distress to the surfers!
    Something i've been planing to do for ages. I was wondering if anyone of ye have done any of the windsurfing courses in Dublin and how ye found it...
    And if you could recommend me a good course in Dublin to get started with some windsurfing... that'll be cool!!

I'm really planing to do it this summer or something so any advice/info would be appreciated!!

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

Heard these guys are pretty good DMG

On another note, I'm thinking of moving to kitesurfing this year, so I got some cheap, starter equipment for sale if you decide to take it up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Cheers for that.
    Isn't that what used to be called The Fingal Sailing School?
    I used in live in Malahide and that place was just 5mins away from my place. Still regret why i didn't take up the sport when i used to live in Malahide...

I'm not big into kitesurfing (although the kitesurfing scene looks a lot more active than the windsurfing scene!). Is that windsurfing gear you're looking to sell?? I might be interesting if i decide to take up the sport seriously... But i'm not sure if you're gonna stick around with the gear till summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

Cheers for that.
    I used in live in Malahide and that place was just 5mins away from my place. Still regret why i didn't take up the sport when i used to live in Malahide...

I'm not big into kitesurfing (although the kitesurfing scene looks a lot more active than the windsurfing scene!). Is that windsurfing gear you're looking to sell?? I might be interesting if i decide to take up the sport seriously... But i'm not sure if you're gonna stick around with the gear till summer!

I'm not too sure if they were called Fingal Sailing School TBH. But from what I've heard and seen on the estuary they seem good.

It's windsurfing gear I have, I'm not actively trying to sell it as I still use it, but I'm going to get kitesurfing lessons soon and probably want to buy kit after that. Sure keep it in mind if you want to buy cheap kit after your lessons. Might see ye on the water :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Cheers for that.

i went to DMG also, very good training, Dave really knows his stuff. go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Don't know any of the schools in Dublin myself but there's a very helpful community here who should be able to answer your questions if you sign up: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/windsurfireland/

Enjoy the windsurfing, its an awesome sport :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Cheers guys.

I've always been attracted to the sea and sports on the sea. I'm pretty positive i'm gonna get those windsurfing lessons this summer.

How is the windsurfing scene over here?? I don't really see many people windsurfing usually. Don't think any of my friends are into windsurfing so i'm not sure if i'll be too keen on going out there and taking on the winds on my own...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Cheers guys.

I've always been attracted to the sea and sports on the sea. I'm pretty positive i'm gonna get those windsurfing lessons this summer.

How is the windsurfing scene over here?? I don't really see many people windsurfing usually. Don't think any of my friends are into windsurfing so i'm not sure if i'll be too keen on going out there and taking on the winds on my own...

As I said I don't windsurf in Dublin but you can see where some of the popular spots are at a glance here: http://www.irwind.com/

There's a small but very active and very friendly windsurfing scene here. A big plus is that a lot of the popular sailing locations are more accessible than surf spots, especially for those living in Dublin.

Tis a great sport, it can be addictive from your first outing and you'll soon meet other windsurfers. But it can be pretty expensive. And its vital that you get proper lessons to get you going - the equipment you learn on will be very different from the equipment you eventually decide to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Best bet is wid wise in achill island , they get wind :D ohh they get wind

will 3k if your selling your kit let me no ive got a quiver of broken sails :/

Advertisement