Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrix SnG

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been playing the matrix SnG's on full tilt, iv been playing them for a coulple of hours and im just about breaking even, iv been wondering what the best strategy would be for these, for anyone that isint familiar with the structure-
    http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/matrix-tournaments-details
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Its a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I've been wondering for some time if these are any good. Have you become a dominatrix yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I think there terrible ! Reason been that i play 10 dollar sngs ! I tend to 4 table and you will get your fair share of poor players in these. The downside of a 10 dollar matrix game is that its the equivalent of a 2.50 sng. Your average 10 dollar sng player who would be a losing player would still play a 10 dollar matrix ! Whereas i would be playing a 40-50 dollar matrix to equal 4 tabling sngs ! Its of my opinion that you just wont have as weak a field playing them.

Anyone agree with this theory or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Yeah i agreed totally, ive played a few and dont really like them. Also alot of donks/fish probably play these once and get a headache trying to play 4 tables at once. As for the higher stakes ones with decent players id say ya have to be watchin the leaderboard alot and play a bit more tactically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

20050806-matrixCatAndDog.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

there is one thing about these though, you get better value for money,

example, if you were a 1 dollar sng player you could play 4 1 dollar sng's and it would cost you $5, 4 x $1.25 for a prize pool of $36 (4x9) or you could play the matrix sng for $5.50 for a prize pool of $45

so if your playing $5 dollar turbos why not move to playing $20 matrix for value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

kennyrsb wrote: »
    there is one thing about these though, you get better value for money,

example, if you were a 1 dollar sng player you could play 4 1 dollar sng's and it would cost you $5, 4 x $1.25 for a prize pool of $36 (4x9) or you could play the matrix sng for $5.50 for a prize pool of $45

so if your playing $5 dollar turbos why not move to playing $20 matrix for value

I dont play on FT so its not an issue !! i just feel the one fish that might play for a $5 game wont put in the $20 so id be losing a little value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

yeah i suppose,
    id agree with you on that

Advertisement