Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching abroad

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I’m looking for some advice in relation to teaching abroad,
    I’m a qualified secondary school teacher but I only have provisional registration with the teaching council because I haven’t got the 18hrs of work for an academic year to get full registration.
    I want to go abroad to teach possible New Zealand or Canada, does anyone have any experience of doing this with only provisional registration?
    Does it make any difference? If you can provide them with your qualifications do you need full registration with the teaching council in order to have your qualifications approved?
    I asked the teaching council who said they wouldn’t be able to supply me with any type of professional recognition.

On a personal rant note I will be really annoyed if this proves to make things difficult for me in trying to get work abroad. It is one thing to impose stupid criteria on us here but there is no way I’ll ever get the 18 hrs I need here. :mad: I don’t see why I should be penalised for the fact that there is no work here!!!

I’d appreciate advice from anyone who has any experience in relation to this

Advertisement