Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Secondary Schools get green light

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I see this week that the building of two new Secondary School's in Portlaoise have gotten approval and funding by means of a Public Private Partnership.

While I welcome it, I wonder about three things:

• What is the total cost of the Public Private Partnership? We've all saw the disasterious West-Link toll bridge on the M50 which was a PPP and cost endless amounts as well as causing chaos for drivers.
    • What about the Primary School saga in Portlaoise where children can't get places? They turned down a 15 million euro offer from the Parish Priest and now they approve Secondary Schools instead when the Tech only moved to the new Portlaoise College a few years ago!
    Its good for forward planning (finally) but what the hell are the people in the Government smoking when the Primary School's are more badly needed? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

El Che wrote: »
    I see this week that the building of two new Secondary School's in Portlaoise have gotten approval and funding by means of a Public Private Partnership.

While I welcome it, I wonder about three things:

• What is the total cost of the Public Private Partnership? We've all saw the disasterious West-Link toll bridge on the M50 which was a PPP and cost endless amounts as well as causing chaos for drivers.
    • What about the Primary School saga in Portlaoise where children can't get places? They turned down a 15 million euro offer from the Parish Priest and now they approve Secondary Schools instead when the Tech only moved to the new Portlaoise College a few years ago!
    Its good for forward planning (finally) but what the hell are the people in the Government smoking when the Primary School's are more badly needed? :eek:

Whats goin on with the old tech building.. it looks horribly run-down and is a bit of an eye-sore.

Advertisement