Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Adult/Community Education/ Community Work etc

Options
  • 18-03-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there

I am just beginning to plan a possible move from Dublin to Laois (abbeyleix area) with my fiance who is from there. I have worked for the last 9years in adult and community education, e.g. tutor, youthreach instructor, education organiser for homeless families etc etc. I have contacted Laois VEC about future vacancies but is there anywhere else I should be looking for relevant job opportunities? I refuse to commute from Dublin! But would of course be prepared to travel for the right job! Any suggestions welcome :D Thanks, Sarah.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭El Che

Portlaoise Community Action Project,
    Unit 2, Railway Street,
    Portlaoise, Co. Laois
    Tel: 05786-62632
    Email: pcap@eircom.net

This community project are always re-training and re-educating people through community projects, working with youthreach and such. Maybe try seeing if they've anything that would suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 spudfitz

will do, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You could also try Mountmellick Development Association. http://www.mountmellickdevelopment.com/

They run a variety of adult ed programmes and I think are the parent company to PCAP.

Keep in touch with the VEC but dont rely on the HR dept to get back to you too often. Overstretched and understaffed, God bless 'em :D. The do VEC website is pretty good for vacancies though, www.laoisvec.ie . If you havent already, I would also suggest that you speak directly to the AEO, CEF and/or ALO just so they get a sense of what you can offer.

You can also check with the National Learning Network in Portlaoise. They sometimes need tutors to work with groups with specific needs, e.g, special learning needs, ex-prisoners etc. Tel: 057 8621263.

Offaly has a well developed adult education service, better than Laois is some ways with a lot of empahsis on community education. I dont have info on the AEO there but the adult guidance service can give you more details. Tel: 057 9327104. Its not too bad of a drive from Abbeyleix.

Good luck with the search. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 spudfitz

Great, thanks for the leads! Will follow up on them all :)

Advertisement