Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone go to David Southwood Lecture?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Thought it was good, he has a great job! John Zarnecki lecture was even better I think though!

Wish there wasn't such a long intro and outro with so much selling for the club though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Iridium

Wasn't at the talk, but was there the last time they had David Southwood over. He seems to give talks in Ireland pretty frequently actually. At least in the last couple of years since Cassini reached Saturn. Fairly impressive guy.

The club sell themselves a lot - there ain't no getting away from that one I'm afraid. Unless you turn up at about 20:15! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I think that's why he did another speech once the lecture had finished, in case anyone had come in late and missed it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

Then you should arrive late and leave early!

Advertisement