Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well? What did you think of the Port parade?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Personally I think they peaked too soon having the fire brigade, ambulance AND army tanks in the first few minutes :D And what was the story with the car that was pushed off at The Anvil? Did they get kicked out for the smokey wheel spins or did it break down? In all it was a good Paddys day in Port. Did all my drinking in The Anvil and had a seat at the bar :D The holy grail on Paddys day. Finished up early enough though because of work today. How were things when the pubs closed? Any trouble?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

The parade was TERRIBLE!!! I bailed after the fire engine, was waiting for the lovely girls lol!!
    Spent my night in my back garden with an impromtu bbq. wasn't the weather amazing!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,189 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I thought the parade was OK, not the best but not the worst... and you cant really knock people for trying.... but when i saw the portaloo on a trailer i thought it was time to go....

i spent most of the day in the park with the rugrats.. the weather was FANtastic... i enjoyed the newbridge community bands little concert down in the park....

Im not really sure the change of route suited the parade....

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

I left when I saw the portaloo too!

Great weather though and great atmosphere about the place I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

Minxie123 wrote: »
    I left when I saw the portaloo too!

Great weather though and great atmosphere about the place I thought.

I thought the parade was crap. Too many advertisements and not enough floats etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

I missed it cos we had family over for dinner. i love the parade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

the parade was great. fair play to everyone that put the effort in!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

stevoman wrote: »
    the parade was great. fair play to everyone that put the effort in!

Here Here!

Advertisement