Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboard in hand luggage

Options
  • 18-03-2009 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys im going to England in april to see a friend and i want to bring my skateboard so we can go skating. So i was wondering does anybody know if ryanair accept skateboards as hand luggage.

Thanks, John.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I ussually just throw mine in te over sized luggage, never had a problem wit getting chips and damp or any of that. Just collect it like you would the rest of your bags.

You could always ask when you get there though, or ring them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Unfortunately you won't be able to get through security with the skateboard, they are prohibited, as are tennis rackets, snooker cues etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 johnmolly

Thanks guys

CianRyan wrote: »
    I ussually just throw mine in te over sized luggage, never had a problem wit getting chips and damp or any of that. Just collect it like you would the rest of your bags.

You could always ask when you get there though, or ring them and ask.
    ummm will i have to pay extra for this cause i dont want any hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Didn't have to in the past, but i think there is a charge or sports eqiptment these days, as i said, give them a buzz and ask first hand.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Didn't have to in the past, but i think there is a charge or sports eqiptment these days, as i said, give them a buzz and ask first hand.
    ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I don't think you can, there was an article in sidewalk about it many a year ago. Ever since 9/11 and all those extra security measures they put in.

There was some really moronic crap in there, stuff about how being able to take the skateboard apart made it easier for it to be used to take over the plane. stuff like "the wheels can be removed and used as weapons"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Federal

Just bang it in a suitcase/holdall and wrap clothes/ goods around it so it's not flying around all over the place.

As i sit on my 15 minute break from the very X-ray machine you'd put it in, i can't really add much to the above except to confirm from the horse's mouth that yes, skateboards would have to go in the hold.

Advertisement