Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my user account in Vista

Options
  • 18-03-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I'd really appreciate some help on this. I don't know much about computers. Maybe it's a simple solution.

A while ago I switched on my computer to find it looking like it had been reset to factory settings and all my documents and music etc was missing.

I don't know what actually happened but my computer seems to have made a new empty user account for me. Eg: my a/c name was optimus prime. It was the only user account on the computer. But now when I log in, I'm using a new account that I didn't make. It's called 'optimusprime.optimusprime'. I don't get it. All my music and documents are accessible by going through the users folder on my hard drive but this is obviously a pain in the hole.

Just in case i'm not being clear: I go to 'users' and I see 2 user account folders one contains all my stuff. The other is the one i'm actually logged into and I didn't make this one.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this empty user account and start using my old one :confused:

Advertisement