Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for musicians - folk / rock / alt-country type music..

Options
  • 17-03-2009 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

I'm looking for some serious musicians to form a band with. I am a songwriter based in Dublin. I have recorded an album and need a band to tour it. It comes out in June ( hopefully ).

I have a drummer and violinist already and ideally I need the following:
    Lead guitarist - my preference would be someone who likes David Rawlings, Neal Casal ( of The Cardinals ) & David Odlum ( The Frames albums 'Dance The Devil' & 'For The Birds' have some excellent guitar parts ) but really just someone who has a good ear for music and likes the same music I do.

Bass Guitar - anyone who has good experience of playing and would be interested in playing my music.

Piano / Organ / Hammond - looking for people who'd be influenced by The Band, Ryan Adams, Josh Ritter to name a few. Some great piano and organ on a lot of their tracks.

Banjo / Mandolin - again just looking for someone who is good and into the music I have mentioned and mention below.

Ideally I would like a lead guitarist who can switch to banjo, or a piano player who can play mandolin as I would not require piano, banjo and lead guitar in every song. But if the only instrument you play is guitar or banjo or whatever please reply anyway :)

My main musical influences are Bright Eyes, Willy Mason, Will Oldham, Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Frames, The National, Death Cab For Cutie, Rilo Kiley, Iron & Wine, and many many more.

If this sounds like something you may be interested in then please reply or PM me. Even if you play something that I have not listed and you are interested in this project, reply anyway! I look forward to it.

Thanks for reading,
    Keith...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 706union

Sent you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

anywhere one can hear some of your music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keith_m

You can listed to some songs here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bassist41

Like the sound of your music Keith, I'm a bassist with alot of exp. main infl's include Dave Matthews Band, TheThe, any thing that grooves also.

Gimme a shout if ya wanna hook up for a jam

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭connie_c

sent a pm, call me, really like the sound of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭turnback

pm'd u too.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭jmurf100

PM Sent

Advertisement