Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DEAP-Renewables-Wind Turbines

• 17-03-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Ive been asked to assess the effect of adding a wind turbine to a property. Havent done this before either in practice or in training.
    In the fuel data of DEAP, under renewables, i can select 'renewable electrical' as the type, but i am unsure about the next 4 boxes to fill in. The Part L contribution, the delivered energy, the energy conversion factor and the Co2 Emission factor.
    From Table 8 in the DEAP manual, i dont see wind energy mentioned but im assuming the 'electricity generated from CHP' and under energy conversion, and co2 enissions im taking 2.7 and 0.643 respectively as values to enter into DEAP. Please correct me if im wrong.
    That just leaves the Part L contribution, and the delivered energy.
    I have a figure from the manufacturer of a PAASAAT 6m high turbine which generates 2049kw annually, is that the delivered energy??????
    How do i work out the Part L contribution??

3363130247_8d0e65c877_o.png

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Warden Dios

It would be delivered energy and your conversion factors are correct.

From SEI website:

Energy produced from a wind turbine may be included in a DEAP assessment if there is one full year of operational data from the actual site. The amount of electricity generated over the course of that year may then be entered into the “energy produced / saved” section of DEAP.

You should advise your client that calculated output is very approximate as their are numerous factors affecting this i.e. average wind speed, proximity of obstructions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

It would be delivered energy and your conversion factors are correct.

From SEI website:

Energy produced from a wind turbine may be included in a DEAP assessment if there is one full year of operational data from the actual site. The amount of electricity generated over the course of that year may then be entered into the “energy produced / saved” section of DEAP.

You should advise your client that calculated output is very approximate as their are numerous factors affecting this i.e. average wind speed, proximity of obstructions etc.

Thank you for your reply. So according to SEI website, the figure of 2037kw/year that the manufacturer is quoting, obviously based on ideal conditions, that should be entered in the energy produced/saved section, and i assume then the delivered energy is zero, since there is no energy consumed in transporting the wind to you? I take your point about informing the Client, I will do that. Any ideas on what is to filled in the Part L contribution box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

burly wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have a figure from the manufacturer of a PAASAAT 6m high turbine which generates 2049kw annually, is that the delivered energy??????
    How do i work out the Part L contribution??

3363130247_8d0e65c877_o.png

that would be the energy delievered if the windmill was running at the optimum wind speed 24hrs a day 7 days a week 52 weeks of the year
    you could find out what percentage of this power the windmill would make(not to sure where you would find out thou:confused:)
    where i am a windmill would give a 50% return at least that is what i was told(a hillside on the south coast between youghal and dungarvan)therefore that turbine you describe would produce 1024kw a year for me different areas would give different returns:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Warden Dios

This online tool will allow you to calculate an estimated output.

As far as I am aware in order to use wind energy as part of your part L contribution for a new dwelling you need a years recorded data from the site

http://www.reuk.co.uk/Calculate-kWh-Generated-by-Wind-Turbine.htm

Advertisement