Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP laptop problems, battery and CPU

Options
  • 16-03-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi, having some problems with my laptop, i'll try be as specific as possible but i'm not very good at the technical bits...

HP compaq6710b
    windows vista business

first the cable started getting all bent and you had to hold it at a certein angle for it to charge, sometimes it died while this was happening (i think maybe thats bad yeah..)
    after this was happening for a while when it registered that it was plugged in a warning would come up saying to plug into a higher cappacity current for better performance, or something loke that, i cant remember exactly (i'm in switzerland so maybe its just to do with the current here, but it worked fine for the first couple of months, so maybe that has nothing to do with anything)
    then the other night it died and wouldnt work anymore, so i took apart the cable which was all ****ed and fixed it, kindof, then pugged it in, got it to come on, but it wont charge anymore, it only works while plugged in
    it was also having loads of trouble starting up and everything was working really slow so i did a system restore which said it worked, but it was even more sluggish, could take five minutes for a programme to open and then usually just freezes once it does
    on or two of the times i turned it on a red screen would come up for a few minutes before the log on scren
    when i opened task manager it says that cpu usage was 100%, but with the list of programmes it didnt add up..
    everything seems to be working fine in safe mode..

any ideas?

Advertisement