Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does a begginer begin?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I would love to learn to do some woodworking, but it seems almost impossible to find any workshops/classes in Dublin city centre. DIT/FAS only do it for professionals.

Where does someone who wants to be a hobbyist start? Most books seem targeted at people that already have tools and/or plan to build their own workshop.

What I need is something along the lines of:
    • These are the most basic tools you need
    • this is the first thing you should learn
    • these are the projects to build your ability

anyone have any suggestions. I must admit that I do have one goal/dream/objective, to build my own bookcases.

I may be a beginner, but I have always been good with crafts and tools, so I don't think that would be a challenge. this is similar to what I aspire to, except bespoke to my dimensions, plus cupboards under it:

bookcase-big-630-0708.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Hi,

I was in the same position as you. I am going to an evening class in Newpark school and it is brilliant. I had originally enrolled in Dun Laoghaire but it didn't get enough students.

Regards,

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Benburb Dog

Thanks BJ. That sounds brilliant, except that Blackrock may be a bit far from me. Nevertheless, if you have a website or contact info, I would appreciate it. I wish there was even just a workshop one could pay to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Hi,

This one suited me (http://www.newparknightschool.ie/coursesoffered-azlist.html) I found it through Google.

B.

Advertisement