Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery Shops in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Are there any archery shops in Dublin?

I'm familiar with ASI and Shooting Style, and have bought equipment from both, but I was wondering if there was anything closer to home, as I'm not a fan of ordering equipment online or over the phone, and both shops are a little out of the way for me, as I'm stuck with public transport. When I was buying my first bow I dropped out to Shooting Style, leaving work at lunchtime. I didn't get there until 5.30, and nearly wound up stranded in Trim. As for ASI, I've never been, but was able to arrange to meet with Keith at a shoot a while back to buy a new sight.

There must be an easier way. Please tell me there is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

ASI is really your best bet, and as you said, you can pick your gear up at a shoot.. The only other option is to mailorder from altservices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Altservices prices are not longer as competitive as they once were. I suggest trying www.bowsports.com if you do find yourself buying online. I've got several things from Bowsports now both for myself and the club here and they do great service, very quick to respond to emails and call to talk to you if there are any problems. Obviously seeing something in a shop is the ideal, but I'd put Bowsports as the next best thing to that, and the prices are the best I've seen anywhere at the moment. I'm not sure if ArcheryShop.ie website is up to date (they seem to be missing all the new 2009 stuff) but at a quick glance, including exchange rate, Bowsports is still roughly 20% cheaper. ArcheryShop might have not updated their website to account for the weaker Sterling, which would account for the difference, but its something you would need to check.

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Bowsports have applied the new lower taxes to the prices they have on their website. The only problem is that in recent months they have become quite lax on deliveries. I used to think it was just to Ireland but there are some mumblings around the archery world that they have just gotten a bit casual with speed of service.

On saying that, if speed isn't important then they have good stuff at lower prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Strange, I keep getting stuff from them within 1-2 days of ordering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

Thanks guys for the replies. I decided to try altservices; prices were good, delivery was speedy. Next time I'm looking at gear I might check out Bowsports too, but for now I'm happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement