If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic DMR-EH59 Anyone?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Panasonic have a new DVD HDD recorder called the DMR-EH59EBL.

http://panasonicshop.ie/product.php?PID=42&ID=6

It aparrently has an MPEG4 tuner which means it'll receive Irish DTT.

It also has a 250GB HDD which, as I understand it, means it'll perform as a PVR for Irish DTT.

For me, this appears to be a great product - PVR functionality for Irish DTT, presumably with a full-function 7-day EPG.

I think it's effectively a DMR-EX78 with a tuner for Irish DTT, rather than UK Freeview. John, you might remember this was a DVD recorder I was considering buying - with an MPEG4 tuner, it would be perfect.

I've asked panasonicshop.ie for more details and await their reply.

John / Guys, is this on your radar? Could you get them in? It's not on either the .ie or .com website. Best price? C'mon! C'mon! I bet it'd be quite popular down here, if it is actually what it seems to be.

Mark

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hows it going and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!
    We dont do the Pana recorders for ROI use at the moment I'm afraid - we can only source the Uk models.

Sad but true...

How about a very nice Pioneer DVRLX-61 Multi Region at just £369.95?

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/125/501/DVR-LX61D/index.html

Thanks and as ever drop me a line if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

I haven't been keeping up to date with DTT in the republic, has it gone live yet and if so where can you receive it. I'm in Galway and I think my TV can receive the mpeg4 standard.
    Anyone got any info for me. Might have to purchase an aerial if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

johnmc wrote: »
    Hows it going and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!
    We dont do the Pana recorders for ROI use at the moment I'm afraid - we can only source the Uk models.

Sad but true...

How about a very nice Pioneer DVRLX-61 Multi Region at just £369.95?

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/125/501/DVR-LX61D/index.html

Thanks and as ever drop me a line if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

". . . at the moment . . ." Is there an open door there?

As I understand things, DTT is available now in some areas, and the technology has been finalised.

A DTT PVR will be a very attractive product in ROI - it'd compliment something like a Humax Foxsat HDR.

Granted, having two separate PVRs (or even tuners) is less convenient than Sky or NTL, but then again, once you've bought your machines, there's no more cost.

Obviously, even better would be a single PVR product providing both Freesat & MPEG4 DTT channels on a single EPG, but that's probably a bit pie-in-the-sky, at least for now.

RS might do well to consider carrying a DTT PVR product for Ireland - it's inevitable that some manufacturers will release such a product, be it a HDD DVD recorder or a non-DVD HDD PVR.

If someone like you doesn't sell them, at your typically much-lower-than-ROI prices, punters in ROI will probably be slow to buy them because they'll be predictably overpriced, and availability outside ROI may be patchy.

What do you think?

Mark

PS: swapped TV brackets this morning - thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.