Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.bethrifty.ie

Options
  • 16-03-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

This seems to be an Irish referal website like quidco in the UK.It offers cashback on transactions made on numerous websites if you signup at www.bethrifty.ie and access the stores advertised there via the links on their site.

There are some great bargains.Examples:

www.thehut.co.uk up to10% cashback on every transaction.
    www.sendit.co.uk up to 10%-cashback on every transaction.
    www.play.com up to 5% cash back on every transaction.
    www.strawberrynet.com up to10% cashback on every transaction.
    www.chemistdirect.co.uk up to 7% cashback on every transaction.
    www.tesco.ie up to 2% cashback on every transaction.
    www.photobox.com up to 7% cashback on every transaction.
    www.eircom.com €70 cashback if you get a broadband bundle.
    www.sky.com €35 cashback on any transaction.

There are lots more on the site.

Has anyone used www.bethrifty.ie before?
    It looks like the savings could really mount up over the course of a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Compared to quidco it looks like amateur hour. No sign of company or privacy details, I wouldn't feel safe dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Onikage wrote: »
    Compared to quidco it looks like amateur hour. No sign of company or privacy details, I wouldn't feel safe dealing with them.

Looks a little amateur I suppose but as far as safety goes you don't need to give any details beyond your name and email address and you can have any cashback paid into a paypal account.As far as I can see they'd have no access to your cc details.
    What would the safety issues be with a site like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

any ideas if i do the majority of my shopping in the uk to ireland?
    thanks
    j:confused:

thanks

You can't use quidco unless you are resident in the UK according to their T&C.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

chilly wrote: »

Ive used it a few times and seems fine to me. It may be early days but they do have a large number of stores. I have a fiver cashback on three transactions so far.

Their is a user floating round named bethrifty.ie so im sure he/she could answer more questions. Should be glad to if he wants to do the company some good service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thanks

Shop from UK companies and shipping to here? If thats what you mean then yes. I bought stuff from HMV.co.uk and got cashback....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bethrifty

Hi all

Just noticed the thread, thanks to everyone who took the time to visit the site, hope you found something useful on there.
    We´d also like to respond to some of the criticisims, we do acknowledge that the site isn´t as slick as quidco as yet, but we all have to start somewhere!
    On the safety and privacy issue, there is really no risk to members, we pay via paypal.
    Once again, thanks for all the feedback, good and bad, we will use this to improve the site.

Bethrifty wrote: »
    We´d also like to respond to some of the criticisims, we do acknowledge that the site isn´t as slick as quidco as yet, but we all have to start somewhere!
    On the safety and privacy issue, there is really no risk to members, we pay via paypal.
    Once again, thanks for all the feedback, good and bad, we will use this to improve the site.

Good to have the safety issue clarified. It's a great collection of stores and deals.I've signed up and bought with you already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Bethrifty wrote: »
    Hi all

Just noticed the thread, thanks to everyone who took the time to visit the site, hope you found something useful on there.

It's not a matter of looking slick, you're missing some pretty basic information. The "About Us" section tells us nothing about who you are, or where your company is. No T&C's posted on the site? Mailing/spam policy?

If you solve these problems it doesn't matter what the site looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

You can't use quidco unless you are resident in the UK according to their T&C.

Quidco will pay out to Irish members, but they only pay out a maximum of 50 quid sterling to Paypal. After that you need a UK bank account so either use a friend/relatives uk account or open an account next time you're up north or over there (I opened an account in the UK with my irish passport and irish utility bill without any problems).

• Advertisement

Quidco will pay out to Irish members, but they only pay out a maximum of 50 quid sterling to Paypal. After that you need a UK bank account so either use a friend/relatives uk account or open an account next time you're up north or over there (I opened an account in the UK with my irish passport and irish utility bill without any problems).

Great to know that, thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

This seems to be an Irish referal website like quidco in the UK.It offers cashback on transactions made on numerous websites if you signup at www.bethrifty.ie and access the stores advertised there via the links on their site.

There are some great bargains.Examples:

www.thehut.co.uk up to10% cashback on every transaction.
    www.sendit.co.uk up to 10%-cashback on every transaction.
    www.play.com up to 5% cash back on every transaction.
    www.strawberrynet.com up to10% cashback on every transaction.
    www.chemistdirect.co.uk up to 7% cashback on every transaction.
    www.tesco.ie up to 2% cashback on every transaction.
    www.photobox.com up to 7% cashback on every transaction.
    www.eircom.com €70 cashback if you get a broadband bundle.
    www.sky.com €35 cashback on any transaction.

There are lots more on the site.

Can't see any link to Chemistdirect on the site?

Advertisement