Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to gain access to roof

• 16-03-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was doing a survey on a penthouse apartment but there was no access to the attic to look at insulation etc. Apartment is about 3 years old but I think the planning was granted a good while before it was built. I had no way of looking at the roof type either as I wasnt going to stand on the balcony and the building was too tall to see from anywhere.

Do I need to trace the planning date to find if its built to 2005 TGD L?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Can you not tell from looking wether it is a flat roof or pitched.

As for insulation thickness. If you had no access then leave it at unknown. You dont need to check planning permission. If you know when it was built then input this and use defaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Can you not tell from looking wether it is a flat roof or pitched.

As for insulation thickness. If you had no access then leave it at unknown. You dont need to check planning permission. If you know when it was built then input this and use defaults.

The Eaves went over the edge of the balcony so I couldnt see for definite but id did look like there was a line falling at a slope.

Thanks for that, will revert to defaults.

Advertisement