Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a good road atlas of Germany?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need a decent road atlas of Germany for two main reasons:

1) to show me a comprehensive image of the road network (i.e. autobahns AND smaller, older country roads)

and, more importantly -

2) to show me - in a quite detailed way - small towns, their proximity to one another, and the older roads that connect them.

I personally love the Collins Road Atlas series. They have a good one for France, but none for Germany. The AA road atlases tend to be very cluttered and have a poor colour system, though they are comprehensive.

Is anyone aware of a good alternative?
    I will probably be moving to Germany in the autumn for an extended period to research the history of a number of towns in the areas around Hamelin or Schweinfurt.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
    By the way, German language suggestions are fine by me.
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement