Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MON MAR 16 19:30 3RRB Boardeaux Coca Cola

Options
  • 16-03-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek - No
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar - No
    Peter - No

Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules -

Not sure people realise we've a game tomorrow? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes

Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael - No
    Keith - No

Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek - No
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar - No
    Peter - No

Dave - Yes

Art -
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - No
    Jules -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think we are going to struggle for numbers tonight which is a pity as we need to win. I texed conor and Ian and conor cant making it, waiting for Ian to come back to me. I will be there, hope to test out me knee but its stil not 100% right. Ciaran is in Scotland today and is not back until after 8 tonight.

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Martin - YES

Ed - YES
    Dan - Yes

Michael - NO
    Keith - NO

Cathal -
    Mick Mc - Yes

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek - NO
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar - NO
    Peter - NO

Dave - YES

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - NO
    Jules -

Who else can we ask?

that collie lad? martins mate? Sav???
    i would say art and mick are in, but will wait for them to confirm themselves, mark cant do mondays i think with college.

cathal, is he still injured? larry i assume has packed it in. that leaves jules, gav and lepo to make it 11 if they all come. add in geoff if he is about and clayton, the max we can have is 13, with 2 keepers. but that 13 would be a good 13 and we would be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

My mate is coming out next week. I'll text Peter and see if he'll play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    My mate is coming out next week. I'll text Peter and see if he'll play

Peter already texted me and said he is on antibiotics or something, can't play at all.

• Advertisement

Ah yeh, I forgot about that. My mate definitely cant play. He's playing until half 7 in town. My brother might play if we're very desperate. You can make the call on that one Des. He's only 17 so physically I'm not sure he'd be up for it.

Peter says he'll play if there's only 9 outfield players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Martin - YES

Ed - YES
    Dan - Yes

Michael - NO
    Keith - NO

Cathal -
    Mick Mc - Yes

Larry-
    Lepo - Yes
    Derek - NO
    Gav - Yes
    Mark -
    Gar - NO
    Peter - NO

Dave - YES

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - NO
    Jules - Yes

Collie - CMF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Theres a 50% chance I could make this if you cant field 10 outfield players

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Des,

I can get one, maybe two for tonight if we're stuck but they'd be coming a decent distance to get to the game so I'd have to assure them decent pitch time... What do you think?

• Advertisement

Dave, what standard are they, and what positions do they play?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Des wrote: »
    Dave, what standard are they, and what positions do they play?

One is a very good player and can play anywhere in defence or midfield. I reckon his best position is CM.

The other is decent and can play left mid or up front.

so its 10 outfield players so far and 2 keepers. is collie defo coming?

is collie defo coming?

Yes

We have 11 outfield players. Reckon we're ok if no one else pulls out. I can play right full. Eddie and Collie in the middle. We should be fine

We have 11 outfield players. Reckon we're ok if no one else pulls out. I can play right full. Eddie and Collie in the middle. We should be fine

who says des is going to pick you :eek:

:D

Be good to actually get Collie in the team and playing for a full game, imo.

I'm actually looking forward to this evening, for some reason.

who says des is going to pick you :eek:

Just go in goals and shut up Ed.

Just go in goals and shut up Ed.

what was that quote somebody just labelled at you in after hours? your getting awful stick in there now ya poor crater.

grow up for f*ck sake. im referring to the point that des has asked us time and time again to not talk about team selection on here and we need to respect that.

You'd be a proponent of shooting the mentally ill in the head alright wouldn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oh, do you have a match tonight then ?

Des, do you want me to ask my brother to come for cover? My Da is giving a lift out and back so it wouldn't be putting him out to come.

I'll get him to come along anyway sure seeing as we all seem to be away from the net.

Won 4-2. Made it difficult for ourselves. We were fairly wasteful in front of goal. Had a couple of good chances myself. Apologies to Dan for arguing with him at the end.

good win, though disappointing that we didnt score at least 3 more. we defo had another 5/6 chances to score. weird game, they started with 10 and a poor keeper but we didnt test him enough. they then got 2 more lads after about 15 mins or so, but we only were 1-0 up. we went 2 up before half time but really needed to be 3 or 4 up. they got back up in their first attack, we had 2 chances to clear but didnt. however, a sign of how far we have come, we literally scored within seconds as we swept forward and jules got his 2nd. we then missed some great chances before they scored in the last minute. however, once again,we lifed a gear and scored again within a few seconds.

scorers - Jules (2), Art and Dave. Nobody really stood out in fairness, all 12 players did their part and in reality it was comfortable.

could have helped out goal difference somewhat (not that in reality it makes any major difference) but a win is a win and the league tabel looks alot better now. we aint lost in 7 (6 wins, 1 draw) which is our best form ever. with 2 or 3 new faces, we can keep this run going.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Great result lads, Sorry I missed it.
    Ravenhill lost to the full irish 2-0.

So 2nd place is ours to lose, though if Glenwood loose and we win it'll be really sickening:mad:.

Just remembered that volley I had in the second half. Ffs, so close to goal of the season :) Haven't scored this season and should've had a hat trick at least last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Enjoyed this game - first time in memory that the legs weren't at me during the game and my movement wasn't restricted and I was able to trust in my touch as a result. Bit sore after but I think with the latest physio (IrishFit.eu - highly recommend them for any running related issues) I've finally found someone with a coherent plan to get me sorted and I now expect to be get the fitness up and be able to play without major issue once a week.

Can't believe we didn't bang in at least 3 more - some clear chances just wouldn't go in but we did overcomplicate at times, particularly the couple of times we were 3 on 2. One of them nights though, scoreline of 6-1 wouldn't have been unfair I think.

Des, it's probably worthwhile dropping a mail to Astro just to get clarity on the 'leave it' rule. I've had 2 refs over the seasons tell me FIFA passed a rule a few years ago getting rid of it so that 'my ball' or 'leave it' were now fine. And then we've had several refs blow up either for us or against us for people making those calls. Even last night he seemed to suggest he would have blown for it had he thought our players were close enough for their 'my ball' call to have an impact. It clearly did - I definitely got a sense our players were put off by it (though we should have learned by now to play to the whistle and kept going) so it was a shocking decision to let it go.

We pay Astro.ie good money so I wouldn't see any harm with a simple mail just saying we've had different views with some refs saying these calls are allowed others saying they're not and can they just let us know which one it is.

Jules, I'm kind of busy this evening :)

Just wanted to say to Martin to pass on thanks to Andy for coming out last night and giving a dig out, it really helped us.

• Advertisement

Yeh I said it to him.

Advertisement