Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google blacklisting hidden pages

Options
  • 15-03-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello Girls-Guys,

I have created a web site with Weebly, its a website u can build yourself, and i also registered to get a .com, Now i stumbled and bumbled my way thru it but done it....(not bad for a person who knew only how to send email, couldnt do cc or bcc till herself showed me:)) I have a hidden page called keywords and its a big page!! now i didnt know until reading this forum that google can penalise my site for having hidden txt but when I started my site in Jan I was ranked no4 on first page, since then its been sliding down slowly,
    Is this the penalty, will I have to delete the page
    Advice appreciated
    Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Can you show us the website address so people can look at it and offer advise. Hidden text is a BIG no no with Google-but you say a hidden "keyword page"-what do you mean by this exactly.

Very often a new site will appear fairly high in Google but will then fall back. I doubt its a penalty but couldn't say without knowing the site url.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

I would delete the page immediately. If you post the link to the website we'd be able to give you better feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 panda750

Thx for getting back,
    Ill let ye enjoy paddys day first before i send on link, have a good one, wish i was there, but then i wouldnt be here;)send it on when i get to comp again during the week

Advertisement