If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website of richersounds

Options
  • 15-03-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a system and took one look at the website and went elsewhere - it's design is terrible.

This company has lost a potential sale due to it's aweful web design - it looks like a 5 year old put it together.

Really no excuse - it's 2009.

Plus we're in recession - not a good representation of the company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,915 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That's nothing.

I asked them about a Panasonic Plasma TV I wanted - twice by email and once by a message left on answering machine - and they couldn't be arsed answering any of them.

That's fine as I couldn't be arsed buying from a company with such an attitude and took my business elsewhere. Got what I wanted and at a lower price too, from people who were extremely pleasant to deal with and who were obliging and thoroughly professional in shipping the item from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Who do ye work for lads?

I've 'genuinely' never read a bad word about RicherSounds Belfast. The positive feedback on here is consistent.

One thing I will say though is when you mouse over an item on the .ie site, it pops up and is very annoying.

That needs to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Lads you're way off the mark?
    Sour grapes or did somebody p1ss in your cornflakes?

Just read the threads, all happy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

JohnMc has posted on here several times that the website is in the process of being updated. I cant believe anyone would not buy from them on the basis of an outdated website anyway. I have bought loads of gear from them and they have always been TOP CLASS. If you read the comments on here they are always from happy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Also notice how Post 1 and 2 are within 10 mins of one another.

Perhaps 2 individuals had a chat and decided to post some negativity.

If you can't compete with the competition, then get out of the business lads.

If Richersounds have what I'm looking for, I'll be buying from them because the service is second to none.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I'm looking for a system and took one look at the website and went elsewhere - it's design is terrible.

This company has lost a potential sale due to it's aweful web design - it looks like a 5 year old put it together.

Really no excuse - it's 2009.

Plus we're in recession - not a good representation of the company.

Boinkmaster,

Many thanks for your post and apologies for our website and I actually think that Dave who put our site together was 4 and three quarters when it was built in 1975.

We have had a sexy new website on the stocks since last year however we just cannot seem to get a chance to test it, stuff it and get it live as we are so busy answering the damn phone!

We do appreciate that we are a long way from perfect however we are only a small company in Ireland - there is just 9 of us here! and we really do try to give good Customer service including giving detailed technical responses to email enquiries whenever possible - we are especially committed to Boards Customers who have been brilliant for us over the last year.

Again we do appreciate that our website is old school - however as ever if you would like to use our big brothers website www.richersounds.com - we can source pretty much anything from that site for you.

We do intend to get our new site live during the summer when it gets quieter and hopefully if you ever give us the opportunity you will see that the site is not representative of our service.

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

cnocbui wrote: »
    That's nothing.

I asked them about a Panasonic Plasma TV I wanted - twice by email and once by a message left on answering machine - and they couldn't be arsed answering any of them.

That's fine as I couldn't be arsed buying from a company with such an attitude and took my business elsewhere. Got what I wanted and at a lower price too, from people who were extremely pleasant to deal with and who were obliging and thoroughly professional in shipping the item from the UK.

Dear Cnocbui,

Many thanks for your post and apologies that we obviously missed both your email and your phone message - unfortunately it does happen in busy periods and we are really sorry however we have recently changed our manner of dealing with phone messages and hopefully we will miss very few now - on the email we have less of an excuse - we do receive 100's of emails and posts every day and unfortunately we do miss some - however I agree that to miss 2 is inexcusable and I apologise.

If any Boardie ever feels that they are getting poor service please do mail me to johnmc@richersounds.ie personally and I do publish my direct line at the bottom of every post so please do feel free to call me and give me a shot at sorting out any issues.

Finally thanks a million to the boardies who posted in support of us - it's much appreciated, but we do know that we can sharpen up our service again!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Power City's and DID's websites are equally sh1te but the difference is that Richersounds prices are a hell of a lot lower so I and many others can forgive Richersounds for a not so shiny website.

As for their customer service, I found John and the lads in Belfast to be extremely helpful and courteous in my dealings with them. Thats why I spent over €2,500 on gear from them last year. Hell even if they only price matched the "competition" down here, I'd still rather deal with Richersounds than the surly gits in DID and Power City who haven't a clue about what they're supposed to be selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Also notice how Post 1 and 2 are within 10 mins of one another.

Perhaps 2 individuals had a chat and decided to post some negativity.

If you can't compete with the competition, then get out of the business lads.

If Richersounds have what I'm looking for, I'll be buying from them because the service is second to none.

Ridiculous post - I'm just an ordinary consumer spending some money and thought I'd post some feedback for the company to take on board and improve their website.

I'm not criticising the service at all and have no doubt about the service quality, feedback seems excellent on this forum - my comments relate soley to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

johnmc wrote: »
    Boinkmaster,

Many thanks for your post and apologies for our website and I actually think that Dave who put our site together was 4 and three quarters when it was built in 1975.

We have had a sexy new website on the stocks since last year however we just cannot seem to get a chance to test it, stuff it and get it live as we are so busy answering the damn phone!

We do appreciate that we are a long way from perfect however we are only a small company in Ireland - there is just 9 of us here! and we really do try to give good Customer service including giving detailed technical responses to email enquiries whenever possible - we are especially committed to Boards Customers who have been brilliant for us over the last year.

Again we do appreciate that our website is old school - however as ever if you would like to use our big brothers website www.richersounds.com - we can source pretty much anything from that site for you.

We do intend to get our new site live during the summer when it gets quieter and hopefully if you ever give us the opportunity you will see that the site is not representative of our service.

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John thanks for the response. My money is spent elsewhere now but the point of my post was to let you know my opinion of the website and the potential lost sales it's appalling design could be causing you.

In this day in age I believe a company's website can many times be a reflection of the company and your website is seriously letting you down. And this seems unfortunate given such great feedback about your business on this forum.

I'd suggest you invest some time and money into a new website and hopefully it will stand to you. Best of luck with your business and hopefully I'll be buying from you in the future.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous post - I'm just an ordinary consumer spending some money and thought I'd post some feedback for the company to take on board and improve their website.

I'm not criticising the service at all and have no doubt about the service quality, feedback seems excellent on this forum - my comments relate soley to the website.

Thanks again for your last post and apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

Apologies again for the post that you have taken offence to - it was not posted by Richer Sounds.

I am genuinely sorry that we have lost your business especially as we did not even get the opportunity to pitch as our website was so poor - again we have taken your comments on board, we are a small company but we are working to address the issue and as ever please drop me a line if I can assist in any way or if you would like to address the issue personally with me - johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,915 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

johnmc wrote: »
    Dear Cnocbui,

Many thanks for your post and apologies that we obviously missed both your email and your phone message - unfortunately it does happen in busy periods and we are really sorry however we have recently changed our manner of dealing with phone messages and hopefully we will miss very few now - on the email we have less of an excuse - we do receive 100's of emails and posts every day and unfortunately we do miss some - however I agree that to miss 2 is inexcusable and I apologise.

If any Boardie ever feels that they are getting poor service please do mail me to johnmc@richersounds.ie personally and I do publish my direct line at the bottom of every post so please do feel free to call me and give me a shot at sorting out any issues.

Finally thanks a million to the boardies who posted in support of us - it's much appreciated, but we do know that we can sharpen up our service again!

ATB,

John Mc

That is very gracious of you.

To those who think I am in competition with RS, or have colluded with the original poster, I will set a couple doughnuts rolling - you know what to do.

This happend a couple months back and my query was regarding a Panasonic TH-42PZ81B - (18th and 19th of Jan to be precise according to my email client)

cnocbui wrote: »
    That is very gracious of you.

To those who think I am in competition with RS, or have colluded with the original poster, I will set a couple doughnuts rolling - you know what to do.

This happend a couple months back and my query was regarding a Panasonic TH-42PZ81B - (18th and 19th of Jan to be precise according to my email client)

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I have checked our emails from those dates and most unusually I cannot see any asking about 42PZ81 (given that that is the most requested TV in the universe at the moment!) So, yes we did have a period in January when physically we could not answer all the emails coming in but I am more concerned that we don't appear to have actually received your emails (and I have checked 2 machines that are copied on sales emails.

Perhaps you would drop me a PM with your email address so I can investigate a bit further and find out where we are going wrong!

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I think that the concerns of the two original posters on this thread have gotten a fairly comprehensive response from John and from others.

@Silver Serpent, scepticism misplaced here, I think, a lighter touch might be better in future.

Closing this for now, can re-open if necessary, PM me.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.