Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some different ways of advertising a site

Options
  • 14-03-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm trying to promote a new site and I'm looking to do as much as i can to get the name out. The site is the one in my sig and i'm having trouble thinking of the best way to go about advertising.

It just went up last saturday. I've taken out facebook ads, adwords and just been trying to spread it by word of mouth. I'm going to try and get into real and student newspapers somehow and get some radio exposure, which would be great but that's a bit of a long shot.

At the moment i'm doing up some flyers and planning on sending a circular around some areas of Dublin. Other than that, i don't really know how i should be going about this. Would anybody have any ideas or suggestions of things i could try?

Thanks,
    Gerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Have you explored trying to get some free publicity in national newspapers etc. They must be crying out for good news stories at the moment and I have seen sites of a similar nature to yours get featured in the likes of The Sunday Business Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mahoney.john

i think instead of promoting your website through print media you should use chat forums, article submission,directory submission, online classifieds, blogs etc.etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

What about trying to rank organically for terms like 'swap shop' 'swap shop dublin' 'swapping websites'

Swap shop gets an average 33000 searches/month in ireland according to google keyword research tool.

PM me if you want to know more.

Advertisement