Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

class not registered

Options
  • 14-03-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I have a dell inspiron running vista. In the network and sharing centre both network adaptors (wired and wireless) do not show and therefore neither work.

All i see instead is class not registered.
    System restore does not work nor does reinstalling device drivers.
    Any suggestions on this one? I have read loads on google but cant find a solution yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭M@21

Can you see the network devices in "Device Manager"?
    Are there any exclamation icons showing on any of the network devices if present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

M@21 wrote: »
    Can you see the network devices in "Device Manager"?
    Are there any exclamation icons showing on any of the network devices if present?

I can see both in device manager and all seems fine - no exclamation marks, question marks or x's. I removed both drivers and reinstalled with no joy.

Check to see if "Network Connections" in Services is started or can be started successfully.
    Then check the event logs to see if any errors come up.

Are you sure the correct drivers are being used? Did they come on the Dell CD?

Spark
    Forgot to ask if Network Discovery was turned on in Network/Sharing Centre?

network discovery is on - now realised that the windows installer is not working now - another issue to deal with!

Got the drivers from dell web site.

• Advertisement

cant edit permissions of system32 folder because "class isnt registered"
    this is all a bit strange.

There is a patch related to Class not registered but it might not apply to this situation.
    Have a look at this article and see if the other factors are present on your system.
    They do seem to have one common factor - they are all Dell systems that have this issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistadesktopui/thread/1480f05f-f2a5-4e43-9c78-39ddf9193d93/

Advertisement