Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cat minder

Options
  • 14-03-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for a boarding place for my cat and so far have only found catteries which keep the poor kitties locked up in solitary units, a bit like a prison cell! So I was wondering if there was someone out there who knows that sweet ol' lady (or anyone really) who could take care of my cat in their home while I'm away on holidays?

I've tried a cat sitter before who visited the house once or twice a day but neighbours reported that he got very lonely. He is 8 months old, got all his jabs/neutered, is house trained and lives in Dublin city :rolleyes:.

Thanks
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I think for insurance/safety/health reasons, all catteries (or at least all the good ones) keep individual cats in single units. They'll only house cats together or allow direct interaction if they're from the same household.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

Try the Moggy Motel in Navan, Ive had my fella stay there a few times, they are really nice people and the facilities are excellent, the cats have individual units they're own litter tray/sleep area etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ya could leave him with me but im in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bounci

how about a swap? we have four but one has to go to cattery,has a special diet. we look after yours and you ours. we have two older girls 8 and 10 they just head out in morn back at night, and a boy whos 4 and would sleep and do nothing else if let. what ye think? PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rachel 999

miketv wrote: »
    I have been looking for a boarding place for my cat and so far have only found catteries which keep the poor kitties locked up in solitary units, a bit like a prison cell! So I was wondering if there was someone out there who knows that sweet ol' lady (or anyone really) who could take care of my cat in their home while I'm away on holidays?

I've tried a cat sitter before who visited the house once or twice a day but neighbours reported that he got very lonely. He is 8 months old, got all his jabs/neutered, is house trained and lives in Dublin city :rolleyes:.

Thanks
    Mike
    Cats are not like dogs when it comes to moving them about to different locations. Cats need to be keeped in secure surroundings. they do not bond with strangers as quick as dogs. Thats why catteries seem more like prisions. Too much space in a cattery can leave it impossible for the owner to get to bond with your cat and get him to settle in to the cattery. Many cats as kittens are moved regularly by the mother cat in the early days. If there are many in the litter she can only move one at a time , the others have to stay quiet as not to attract preditors. So when you as mother cat move your kitten it will go into shut down as it is natures way of protecting it.:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

The good news is we found a sitter in her home (thanks boards) and we are off on the holidays today! I'm sure he'll be fine:)
    thanks for all the help and advice everybody

Advertisement