Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Pink Display

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a Samsung NC10 laptop, got it in December 08, my father bought it for me in Selfridges, Oxford Street London, it is in warranty, running Windows XP, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz CPU.

I have had no problem with this laptop, I love it, up until January when I was walking with it to another room in the house with it in my hands, turned on, and suddenly I thought I saw this pink flash from the screen. I put it down, looked at it, it seemed fine. I then turned it off. Later when I turned it back on, the BIOS, logon screen, and desktop, had parts of it tinted pink. At first it seemed to go away when I tilted the screen up and down to different positions, and the pink when away, I would say it had the pink when it was erect at 90 degrees.

However, it gradually got worse over time, until the point it was always pink, but if you left it alone a while, you would be able to tilt it into positions where it was pink before and it wouldnt be pink anymore. Now however it is pink all the time no matter where I have it and no matter how long I leave it. It has not got banged around or anything and it is new so I dont understand why it is happening.

My friends think the connection between the screen and motherboard might be loose but I am not sure. Ive seen other reports of such problems with other computers on the internet with such problems as faulty backlights or inverters being suggested so Im not sure.

Any help or advice would be very grateful.

Thanks very much,

Michael.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Given that moving it made the problem worse or better indicates it could be a loose connection. It's under warranty get samsung to sort it for you. Opening it up and trying to fix it could make things worse or void the warranty.

Advertisement