Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a Working Holiday Visa

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hello,
    I applied for my WHV 6 months ago when things werent that bad in Oz but now things have changed and im not to confident about getting a job. My question is can I cancel it and maybe use it on a future occasion and just get a holiday visa? And if so how?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DubNorth

i did exactly the same and i am trying to figure out a way to go over now without giving up my job here in ireland. it will probably mean seeking a career break and spending 4 months over there which is a waste of the visa because i most likely wont be working. i dont think we have an option to cancel our visa, it expires after a year from date of it being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/976/how-to-apply.htm#b
    f you wish to travel to Australia on an ETA but already hold a Working Holiday visa which you have not yet used for travel to Australia, you will need to have your Working Holiday visa cancelled before making an ETA application. Otherwise, if you in arrive in Australia holding both visas, your Working Holiday visa will be activated. You should cancel your Working Holiday visa before making the ETA application because cancelling your Working Holiday visa will also automatically cancel the ETA. To have your Working Holiday visa cancelled, contact the Working Holiday visa processing centre.

here is the form to contact
    http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres.htm?35

seriously guys all I did was go on the site and typed in 'cancel a visa' and it was the first result - it's not that hard to look yourself

Advertisement