Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wonder the English ruled us for almost a thousand years

Options
  • 13-03-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

The country is up the creek financially. The cute media focus our attention on the wages of our elected representatives but nobody is looking at the several billion euro stashed away by the rich in tax havens and the super rich who have more money than they could spend in a hundred lifetimes but what are we beating ourselves over: a few thousand euro going to T.D.s and senior Civil servants. True the T.D.s who don't need it should not get the extra money but shouldn't Sir €£$ and the other barons of wealth not be asked to put their shoulders to the wheel to save Ireland Inc?
    God aren't we easily fooled if this was France we'd be burning the rag newspapers owned by such rascals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yes, nothing even half as bad as this happened under English rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Potato_Famine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I doubt this thread is going to serve any useful purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Agree there, Ireland ain't the only country with ruling incompetents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Serafina27

Ef Irleland Inc. I am looking forward to the results of this reinvention!!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread closed, I have no idea what it was supposed to have to do with History. BossArky, feel free to deal with it as you see fit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement