Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edgebanding machine

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi Guy's,

Does anyone have, or know anybody who is selling a decent edgebanding machine. I'm based in north county Dublin, but will travel.
    Would prefer one with trimming knives and single phase. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Try High-Tech Machinery phone 4641880 they are just off the naas road red cow junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

maginns

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

Thanks eeyore for that link. that machine needs planning permissiom ! I'm looking for something a little more compact. Have tried Mcginns and Hightec, cheapest machine that can trim is 3'500.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

You could try a portable edgebander... like this

http://www.ney.co.uk/machines/new-products/power-tools/portable-banders/home.htm

It depends on the type of work you're doing... it costs about 400 to 500 Euro, not sure exactly. It doesn't auto trim but it does come with two trimmers, which are operated seperately.. an end trimmmer and a long side trimmmer.

It should be possible to get a small bench mounted edgebander for less than 3,500..have you checked UK shops?, (not trying to be unpatriotic but the prices are better in the UK)

Something like this maybe..
    http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Jet-Jet-JEB-150-Bench-Top-Edge-Bander-364823.htm
    (doesn't trim automatically, also large panels must be difficult to balance on the small table)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

Thanks for that Joe, I've seen both those machines on line but my problem is I use very large sheets and long narrow rails, neither of which would suit either of those machines. I priced one, about the size of a small tablesaw, from a company in Cork and he was looking for over 8'000 for it !

I'm using up to 3 x 50mtr roles of edging a week, putting it on with the iron and it's taking ages. I've always only used solid timber, but things have changed ! Someone must have a freestanding edgebander ( Hebrock etc,) that they're not using ?

Advertisement