Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspire One Wireless Connecton

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Friend just bought Aspire One with linux. Was over at the house trying to connect to eircom wirelessno joy. Can establish connection through the ethernet connection and log into router no problem. have check the wep key on the router page and eircom customer support, it the right one. After unplugging the ethernet cable and selecting wireless as to top priority for network connection, it says it trying to establish a connection(wirelessly and the right ssid) then caput connection disabled. I hoping someone else had the same problem but better skills in finding the fix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I had the same problem. What I did to solve the issue was changing the security on my router to wpa instead of wep. Plus, it's much more secure.

Try also changing the wireless channel too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Thanks very much. I will let you know how it works out. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Never got to try another friend of his sorted. thanks for the help, apprecited all the same.

Advertisement