Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Show versus CNBC

Options
  • 13-03-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

just watch it

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

damn he didn't hold back, he accused cnbc of gaming the people in cahoots with the banks and co's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I watch it all the time (God bless Sky+), and when I saw the initial "F**K You" thought it was quite appropriate.

Watching the to-ing and fro-ing since was hilarious, with John Stewart always getting the upper hand.

Truth hurts, and all that. The CNBC heads were quite upset at his "taking things out of context". What's out of context about "Buy Bear Sterns"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I used to watch quite a bit of CNBC, and I think that what really pissed off the left in the US was Rick Santelli's comments on "As a citizen who has done things by the book, why should I bail out those who took out stupid mortgages?" consequentially giving the GOP a poster boy.

But there are HUGE disclaimers about Jim Cramer's advice on CNBC. They top and tail each of his segments with them. When he advised "Buy Bear Sterns", its handy in hindsight to say don't buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Was reading about this in The Observer on Sunday. Fair play to Steward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

John Stewart actually had Cramer on his show last Friday night, face to face, and he utterly destroyed Cramer. He didn't mess around, he went straight for the jugular.

All Cramer could say is "We need to do better".

Some defence.

Advertisement