Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League Round 5 spoilers

Options
  • 13-03-2009 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Friday 14th March 09
    Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 Sky
    St. Helens v Salford City Reds KO 20:00

Saturday 14th March 09
    Harlequins RL v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00
    Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 18:00 Sky

Sunday 15th March 09
    Hull Kingston Rovers v Celtic Crusaders KO 15:00
    Wakefield Wildcats v Catalans Dragons KO 15:30
    Bradford Bulls v Hull FC KO 15:00

Friday, 2 homes, Saturday, 2 aways, Sunday 2 homes and Hull away.

Tonight's live match should be a cracker. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

just seen Brian Carney is a guest on the panel.Did he mention anything about what hes doing now and if he is gona start playing again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Think he was playing in the Union 7s in Dubai. Hasn't said anything about playing League again. The da's after putting it off so I don't know what will be said from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

amacachi wrote: »
    Think he was playing in the Union 7s in Dubai. Hasn't said anything about playing League again. The da's after putting it off so I don't know what will be said from here on.

Il let you know.

Great first try. Think the pass from the ground was OK. Wigan could really do without getting the ball. :P

Some very poor officiating so far. Jones-Buchanan playing on after being tackled played on with no penalty.
    Couple of ball steals by Leeds going unpunished/unnoticed.

Christ Leeds are playing well so far though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Would it be fair to say that any chance of Wigan winning anything this season is gone with no Trent Barret???

I wouldn't go that far. Up to a point they played OK tonight. Near the beginning every error was punished and there was a few questionable refereeing decisions. The difference wasn't as huge as the scoreline indicated.
    As I said before, they'd be my dark horse bet for the Super League title or the Challenge cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Near the beginning every error was punished and there was a few questionable refereeing decisions. The difference wasn't as huge as the scoreline indicated.

Disagree, we played them off the pitch with as damn near perfect a performance as possible. Burrows was huge, Peacock, Bailey, Lauititi, McGuire..they were in a different league to Wigan...The warriors were under so much pressure that on the few occasions they had good possession they coughed it up through hugely aggressive pressure defence.

The difference was as big as the scoreline indicated, and to be honest Wigan were lucky not to ship another 12-18...I thought the ref was extremely charitable in his interpretation of the tackle, allowing Wigan a second or two more than I would have given and both disallowed tries were right on the money...

Leeds set the bar last night and next weekends Saints/Rhinos encounter is going to be huge...

toomevara wrote: »
    Disagree, we played them off the pitch with as damn near perfect a performance as possible. Burrows was huge, Peacock, Bailey, Lauititi, McGuire..they were in a different league to Wigan...The warriors were under so much pressure that on the few occasions they had good possession they coughed it up through hugely aggressive pressure defence.

The difference was as big as the scoreline indicated, and to be honest Wigan were lucky not to ship another 12-18...I thought the ref was extremely charitable in his interpretation of the tackle, allowing Wigan a second or two more than I would have given and both disallowed tries were right on the money...

Leeds set the bar last night and next weekends Saints/Rhinos encounter is going to be huge...

What did you make of the two "knock-ons" by Wigan? One of which was at 6 or 12 nil and Wigan were 35 metres out with 3 tackles left?

In the second half he seemed fair enough, though the game was over as a contest at that point.

Leeds certainly deserved the win, but on another day with a few less errors Wigan would've been in with a good shout. Depends on how much Leeds took their foot off the gas in the second half though.

What did you make of the two "knock-ons" by Wigan? One of which was at 6 or 12 nil and Wigan were 35 metres out with 3 tackles left?

In the second half he seemed fair enough, though the game was over as a contest at that point.

Leeds certainly deserved the win, but on another day with a few less errors Wigan would've been in with a good shout. Depends on how much Leeds took their foot off the gas in the second half though.

Yeah, take your point re: the knock ons...50/50,seen 'em given, seen 'em not....but I guess when your in the ascendancy to the extent that Leeds were things tend to go your way...

Don't know that leeds took their foot of the gas, its just they started to play loose and try stuff that they wouldn't had things been closer on the score board...

• Advertisement

toomevara wrote: »
    Yeah, take your point re: the knock ons...50/50,seen 'em given, seen 'em not....but I guess when your in the ascendancy to the extent that Leeds were things tend to go your way...

Don't know that leeds took their foot of the gas, its just they started to play loose and try stuff that they wouldn't had things been closer on the score board...

Wigan are probably the definition of a confidence team, I'm just saying that at a score or two down had that decision gone their way it could've been very, very different.

Leeds certainly deserved the win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I thought Leeds were fantastic. With the amount of injuries they have had there were players on the pitch at less than 100% and they still have Danny Buderus to come in.
    3rd title in a row?

3rd title in a row?

Sssssshhhhhhhhh.........;)

I didn't do too bad with predictions last week, just wrongly thought Warrington would come good finally :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I thought Leeds were fantastic. With the amount of injuries they have had there were players on the pitch at less than 100% and they still have Danny Buderus to come in.
    3rd title in a row?
    Buderus is a super footy player, pretty inspirational for the Knights in days gone by

Advertisement