Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TGI Friday's Blackrock Pints €3, Cocktails €4

• 13-03-2009 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Saw a large sign in Stillorgan today detailing the above offer. Not sure if it's a bargain. Decide for yourself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Something similar:

Student nites @ Captain Americas every Mon, Tues and Wed nights

students_banner.jpg

[Link]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Yeah but the Blackrock offer is everyday of the week.

Much better offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Similar offer in Stephen's Green Pints €4, cocktails €5 - good deal considering average prices around that area.

I was in there the other day, cocktails are good (Can't go wrong with Long Island's for €5!). Heineken wasn't available in pints though :(

Could use this pigsback offer while your there: Free appetiser with every main meal purchased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

FrCrilly wrote: »
    Hi All,

Saw a large sign in Stillorgan today detailing the above offer. Not sure if it's a bargain. Decide for yourself.

Do they make you wait for 45 minutes for a glass? A glass that is already empty? :rolleyes:

as with tables in these awful places?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Oh, i dined there a couple of weeks ago in Blackrock, forgot to mention it :)

Pints are decent. Guinness was decent as well as Carlsberg. Now the cocktails we felt were watered down so beware of that.

Still a great offer. Not sure if drink offer is pub only or not as we had meal beforehand. Blackrock TGI has a pub attached inside, not sure if you can go and order drink without eating food first though.

Food was decent as well as decor etc, place was huge. Interestingly other TGI's don't have this offer!
    I'd recommend Blackrock for the pints, worth a visit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Do they make you wait for 45 minutes for a glass? A glass that is already empty? :rolleyes:

as with tables in these awful places?

No. When i was there, you are served almost immediately.

Yes, i've had bad waiting experiences too with TGI but this particular branch seemed to have their house in order when i dined on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Heineken wasn't available in pints though :(

Surely that's a plus ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Similar offer in Stephen's Green Pints €4, cocktails €5 - good deal considering average prices around that area.

I was in there the other day, cocktails are good (Can't go wrong with Long Island's for €5!). Heineken wasn't available in pints though :(

Cool, is this available everday (incl. w/ends)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

jimmay wrote: »
    Cool, is this available everday (incl. w/ends)?

Yeah it says "All Day, Every Day!" above the extrance on Stephen's Green.

• Advertisement

Generally, in life, I'd prefer to avoid these places.

Certainly in this country. only the US gives value for this sorta thing, in my experince.

All the TGI's in Ireland are owned by an Irish guy.

Great deal, coupled with the 2 for 1 on main courses on our college cards = great night out!

ucd.1985 wrote: »

Great deal, coupled with the 2 for 1 on main courses on our college cards = great night out!

There has ben no value in TGI Fridays since day zero...............thanks for the help 'Irish Owner'. Welcome to the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

What's this college card deal about? I'm in UCD, don't know anything about that??

Its on the C&E card, 2 4 1 main courses Mon - Thursday.

Davy do you work for Captain America's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I heard that promo in Tgi's Blackrock had been stopped because of Garda raids two weekends in a row??

I know the sign is still up beside Leisureplex in Stillorgan though!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Btw!:)

Havent heard anything like that, but the owner did say at a recent talk in UCD that it has attracted a lot of underage drinking problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Oh right! :o *

Well if anyone knows for sure either way It'd be good....might head up with the girls tonight!:)

*not me I swear!

Its on the C&E card, 2 4 1 main courses Mon - Thursday.

Davy do you work for Captain America's?

:confused: i do not work for captain americas :confused:

Just cause it was a lil funny that you put up the Captain America picture with the offer.

And I know a guy called Davy who promotes for Captain America.

• Advertisement

i dont think i do promotions for captain americas :D, of course apart from my earlier post. Haven't been to the place in yonks, but as it turns out going this week :rolleyes:

You can find the picture here: http://www.captainamericas.com/students/

Advertisement