If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz SR6003 or Yamaha RX-V1900

Options
  • 13-03-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi John, was wondering if you know if any of these two Receivers are in stock or due in at all and if so any idea on pricing ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I was looking into getting the Marantz from the UK but no-one will ship it to ROI, not permitted to do so by the manufacturer yet the Yamaha can be shipped over no problem, and on that note the Yamaha can be got for between £650 and £779 yet I have been quoted €1275 for the Yamaha here in Ireland .... using www.xe.com/ucc thats €705 - €843 with €27 shipping !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mark1975

<Snip>

Thanks for the reply mark1975, will certainly take you up on the offer of getting me a price for the Yamaha, pm me, or if you don't mind putting it here on the board just post it here ! you hit the nail on the head about buying based on reviews and opinions, but I have little choice. Two of the stores I rang in the UK recommended I come in for a demo before deciding or buying..... how much are Ryanair flights to london again :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kao123 wrote: »
    Hi John, was wondering if you know if any of these two Receivers are in stock or due in at all and if so any idea on pricing ?

thanks in advance

Kao,

Thanks a million for the post - I don't have theYamaha in stock but I can do a cracking price of £629.95 on the Marantz SR6003 - alternatively we have a limited quantity of the excellent Denon AVR2809 at just £669.95 or the Stunning Onkyo TXSR876 at just £699.95.

As ever drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie if I can assist in any way,

Thanks as ever and best regards,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John, thanks for the reply to my post, thats a great price on the Marantz, you're almost making my mind up for me with that price :) I have sent you a mail with one or 2 more questions.

many thanks

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    I called the RS NI number on richersounds.ie and spoke to a very helpful chap called Dave, but he advised me that they don't have the Marantz in stock and there are no indications as to when they will be, just wondering if you have any info as to when they might be available, it's almost a form of torture, having money to spend but no-where to spend it, especially these days :confused:

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kao123 wrote: »
    Hi John,
    I called the RS NI number on richersounds.ie and spoke to a very helpful chap called Dave, but he advised me that they don't have the Marantz in stock and there are no indications as to when they will be, just wondering if you have any info as to when they might be available, it's almost a form of torture, having money to spend but no-where to spend it, especially these days :confused:

Kao,

you spoke to a very helpful chap called Dave - You must have had the wrong number! :D

The 6003 is a special order but there is no problem getting them in (Marantz stock permitting!) What colour would you like and I'll grab you one?

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

johnmc wrote: »
    Kao,

you spoke to a very helpful chap called Dave - You must have had the wrong number! :D

The 6003 is a special order but there is no problem getting them in (Marantz stock permitting!) What colour would you like and I'll grab you one?

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John, ideally I would like a black one and I would also like to get a set of KEF KHT2005.3's in black at the same time. (would need a woofer cable as well)
    I am in Dublin on saturday so could collect them if they are available then.

many thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.