Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portarlington on Paddys Day

Options
  • 13-03-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Anything on in Port on Paddys day? I'm assuming there'll be a parade. Any decent live music going on anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 student1234

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Anything on in Port on Paddys day? I'm assuming there'll be a parade. Any decent live music going on anywhere?

Yeah there's street buskin' compitions for all ages on the main street,
    Havent heard about any pub session music yet, but i would say O'deas will probley have sumin on, Anything in the lensiter this week about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Haven't seen anything in The Leinster. Will pick up a copy today and have a look. Hopefully this weather keeps up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The busking was good craic last year... the parade is... well its the parade its generally the same... never faulters...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Any idea what time the busking comp kicks off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Steve_o wrote: »
    The busking was good craic last year... the parade is... well its the parade its generally the same... never faulters...

Astoundingly underwhelming I always say.

Should be good weather so might make a day out of it!

Pity Paddy's Day wasn't Saturday coming - 7 Premiership games, 3 rugby games and a world title fight. Could have been the perfect day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Have to say underwhelming doesn't even come close to describing the parade. Fair play to the clubs promoting themselves but unless your under 8 yrs of age the day is a complete farce.

The french festival (or whatever it's called now) is 10 times better.

Advertisement