Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO marketing

Options
  • 13-03-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

New here and looking for some advise
    I have a website called www.kidsarefunk.com and want to improve the ranking and traffic onto it. Can anyone recommend and PM me a good seo company.

Is it possible to target some countries outside of Ireland.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Hi missP-
    at a quick glance one suggestion I would have is to ensure your metatags are different on each page.

I'd also explore whether you can make all the url's in the site SEO friendly-rather than this for example-http://www.kidsarefunk.com/brand.php?id=4 Ask your web designer on this as its important IMO and should be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 missP

Thanks for your reply

What are metatags?

http://www.kidsarefunk.com/brand.php?id=4

So instead of 4 I should have a brand name and name of the clothing
    eg www.kidsarefunk.com/teacollection.php?id=sumi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Metatags are the code that search engines follow that are behind the pages on a site. Ideally to maximise as much "reach" as possible on search engines they should be varied on every page and target varying terms.

So instead of 4 I should have a brand name and name of the clothing
    eg
    www.kidsarefunk.com/teacollection.php?id=sumi

Yes along the lines of this but you could go further depending on the product on offer- www.kidsarefunk.com/teacollection.php?id=sumi-kids-clothes or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

This isn't really SEO feedback, but your site is very busy and when I first looked at it I had no idea what it sold until I went looking for it.

Kids are Funk could be anything and I think you need to tone down the site a bit and make it more obvious what it is about. The green background is lovely but makes the text hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

i'm not being smart but why not google "seo in ireland" or "irish seo company". It will show who the good seo people are!

Also , use the search feature here on boards - i think this question was asked before and a few suggestions were made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

MissP
    I sent you some ideas via your info email address over the weekend

C

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

what are your keywords that you are targeting . I will help you out as much as I can, for free

Advertisement