Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplane / Top Secret / Police Squad (TV Series) / The Naked Gun Trilogy - €15.50

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭

Great value for some very funny stuff!

61kiJ1xl%2BDL._SS500_.jpg
    Buy it here!
    Titles Comprise:

Airplane! Voted "one of the 10 funniest movies ever made" by the American Film Institute, Airplane! is a masterpiece of off-the-wall comedy. Featuring Robert Hays as an ex-fighter pilot forced to take over the controls of an airliner when the flight crew succumbs to food poisoning; Julie Hagerty as his girlfriend/ stewardess/ co-pilot; and a cast of all-stars including Robert Stack, Lloyd Bridges, Peter Graves, Leslie Nielsen, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...and more!

Their hilarious high jinks spook airplane disaster flicks, religious zealots, television commercials, romantic love...the list whirls by in rapid succession. And the story races from one moment of zany fun to the next!

Top Secret: 'Top Secret!' pits American rock star Nick Rivers (Val Kilmer) against the dreaded East German High Command. It's a race against time as Nick teams up with Hillary Flammond (Lucy Gutteridge) to find her father before he can create the ultimate super weapon - the Polaris Mine. Along the way, Top Secret! manages to do for war epics and Elvis films what Airplane! did to disaster movies!

Police Squad: The satirical comedy Police Squad pits an ace detective and his captain (Leslie Nielsen & Alan North) against the criminal elements that befoul a big city. From the creators of Airplane!

Episodes Comprise:

1. A Substantial Gift (The Broken Promise)
    2. Ring of Fear (A Dangerous Assignment)
    3. Butler Did It, the (A Bird in the Hand)
    4. Revenge and Remorse (The Guilty Alibi)
    5. Rendezvous at Big Gulch (Terror in the Neighborhood)
    6. Testimony of Evil (Dead Men Don't Laugh)

The Naked Gun: Those screw-loose Airplane! creators have done it again! Leslie Nielsen stars as Police Squad's own granite-jawed, rock-brained cop Frank Drebin, who bumbles across a mind-control scheme to assassinate Queen Elizabeth. Priscilla Presley, O.J. Simpson, a stuffed beaver, two baseball teams and an odd assortment of others join the wacko goings-on and blow the laugh-o-meter to smithereens.

The Naked Gun 2 1/2 - The Smell Of Fear: Lt Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielsen) loves a mystery. Why are we here? Is there life after sex? Yes, Drebin tackles the big issues - and the biggest of all is how to stop devious Quentin Hapsburg's (Robert Goulet) plan to destroy the environment!

Returning with Nielsen in this hilarious Naked Gun sequel are Priscilla Presley as Jane, the woman who can melt a cheese sandwich from 20 paces, and George Kennedy as intrepid Captain Ed Hocken. The gang's all here. And so are the laughs. Like Drebin, you're gonna love it.

The Naked Gun 33 1/3 - The Final Insult: Oscar night. Who will win? Who will lose? And will someone please kick that numbskull offstage?

Wait! That's no ordinary numbskull. That's Lt Frank Drebin, crashing the ceremonies to stop a terrorist plot that could mean curtains for him - or will a simple window shade be enough? Yes, back with a hilarious three-peat and a state-of-the art advance in sequel numbering are the filmmakers you love, the returning stars you adore, plus others getting Naked for the first time: Fred Ward, Anna Nicole Smith and more folks you'd happily give your seat to on a crowded bus. The fun begins when...oops; we don't want to give away the gags. No. You'll have to pay for them. You'll be glad you did!

Product details
    Actors: Leslie Nielsen, Priscilla Presley, Ricardo Montalban, O.J. Simpson, Val Kilmer
    Directors: David Zucker, Jim Abrahams, Jerry Zucker
    Format: Box set, PAL
    Region: Region 2 ( DVD formats.)
    Number of discs: 6
    Classification:15
    Studio: Paramount Home Entertainment
    DVD Release Date: 3 Nov 2008
    Run Time: 574 minutes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Where is this for sale?

Edit: mouse over image reveals it's from the hut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

IT's probably looking at me right in the face but from where ?
    edit: snap with above.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry lads.. added in text link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I saw this in HMV before Christmas at a similar price I think. Seriously, SUCH good value. These are some of the funniest movies I've ever seen. If I hadn't got them already (or if my Mum had better taste in movies) I'd be all over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Thanks basquille, just bought it, great gift for someone's birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

cheers just got this great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I just got a mail saying there having trouble with stocks and actually dont have it in stock yet anyone else have same trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

POKERKING wrote: »
    I just got a mail saying there having trouble with stocks and actually dont have it in stock yet anyone else have same trouble?

No email, but my account status says awaiting stock :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sedohre wrote: »
    No email, but my account status says awaiting stock :(

Get it at sendit for £12.89/ €14.99 and get 10% cashback from bethrifty.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

thats brilliant i'll have to order that set, ive been looking for airplane and police squad! on dvd for ages! thank to the OP! great find :)

Advertisement