Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Indonesia via other places......

Options
  • 12-03-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Not 100% sure where to put this so mods please move if you think its in the wrong spot.

I am a student, but my course requires a lot of travel (I know this forum is not for travels and holidays BUT trust me this is no holiday). Anyway at the moment i am in Belgium for a semester, struggling with the bizzare rules and forms the belgians love and my pathetic french.

In the summer I have to go to Australia - no worries, visa application currently being sorted out but my field work is actually taking place in Indonesia. So I have to arrange a visa etc but also I have to find a language course, ideally in Indonesia so if anyone has any clues I would really really appriciate it. I've done some basic searches on google but they seem quite pricey and the prices are being given in US dollars rather than local currency which I find a pain in the ass given that I am not dealing with US dollars at any stage of my moving!

Friend of mine reckons (based on her experience in India) that the places that market themselves to americans etc on line are far pricer than other places that are just as good....so if anyone knows any decent language schools in Indonesia please please please pass the info this way.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

The Thorn Three forums on LonelyPlanet.com are good for queries like this. The VOA (Visa On Arrival) for Indonesia is max 30 days and non-extendable so you have to make a return trip out after 30 days to get a new VOA. This is a bit of a pain. I have heard of people getting 60 day visas from the embassies though so you should look into that before you travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Thanks for the tips Ballooba

Advertisement