Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla Road - removal of one-way system

Options
  • 12-03-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

With the removal of the one-way system on the Clonsilla Road, we can finally go from Ongar to Blanchardstown Village without having to go in to the traffic heading to the Blanchardstown Centre. It means easier access to Blanch Village.

If you are supportive of the change to a two-way system please write a letter to Tommie McManus, Fingal Co Co, Grove Road, Blanchardstown before the end of March.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

While the current one way is awkward. Removing it will just fill that section of the clonsilla road with traffic at peak. It will back up from clonsilla inn all the way back. So I don't think its going to make any difference on peak. Off peak it will make getting around a little easier. Well back to the way it used to be years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My recollection of that spot when it was 2-way is one of complete chaos. Cant see that going back to that is any improvement, regardless of the fact that I dont like the one way system now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I'm just sick of getting stuck in traffic that is heading to the Blanch Centre. I sometimes go off thru Carpenterstown but that is just adding distance on to my journey.....

Beacause its so awkward at the moment I think it keeps some cars away from clonsilla rd. Its still just backs up. The simple fact is they built too many houses in the area and built the shopping center in the middle of it. Making a bad problem even worse. It often easier to drive into town than go the shopping center even if you live beside it.

Am I right in thinking that when the two-way system was originally in operation the Ongar road didn't exist?

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    It often easier to drive into town than go the shopping center even if you live beside it.

I often leave the car at home and walk or cycle to the centre.

Enii wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that when the two-way system was originally in operation the Ongar road didn't exist?

Not that it matters, the Ongar road exists now, and theres still queues from clonsilla back, and all the way back from the center. Opening the Clonsilla road will make no difference at peak.

Enii wrote: »
    I often leave the car at home and walk or cycle to the centre.

Thats nice.

Thats nice.

It is nice!

If it's not raining....

Or if someone doesn't try to steal my bike as has happened.....

I cycle to work. But I reckon a bike would disappear very quick around the Blanch Center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

excellent, its such a pain trying to get into the industrial estate - this will amke it a lot easier

excellent, its such a pain trying to get into the industrial estate - this will amke it a lot easier

If you are in favour, make sure you write a letter to the council.

I cycle to work. But I reckon a bike would disappear very quick around the Blanch Center.

Luckily it was only an attempted theft, a security guard spotted two fellas messing with my lock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Just got a note in the door from Labour Joan Burton Patrick Nulty, Michael O'Donovan to say that the Clonsilla Rd is to be reinstated for two way traffic from Coolmine Ind Est / St Mochtas to junction of Diswellstown Road and Blanchardstown Road South.

Work will taken place between now and the end of next week each night.

:) No more getting caught in heavy traffic between Power City and Coolmine Community School

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

That is good news Pat, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Just got a note in the door from Labour Joan Burton Patrick Nulty, Michael O'Donovan to say that the Clonsilla Rd is to be reinstated for two way traffic from Coolmine Ind Est / St Mochtas to junction of Diswellstown Road and Blanchardstown Road South.

:) No more getting caught in heavy traffic between Power City and Coolmine Community School

I'm glad to hear this is going ahead!

Daft idea to make it one way from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I have seen at least 3 cars in the last 6 months driving the wrong way down this road! I saw a lady driver turn awkwardly off the roundabout onto that road! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hopefully now there will no longer be an absolutely ungodly amount of traffic on that one stretch of the Snugborough Rd extension...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

I see there are roadworks in operation now. Does anyone know for certain if these are regular roadworks or is it for the removal of the one way system?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Hopefully now there will no longer be an absolutely ungodly amount of traffic on that one stretch of the Snugborough Rd extension...

I'm not sure it will have an impact on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

manster wrote: »
    I see there are roadworks in operation now. Does anyone know for certain if these are regular roadworks or is it for the removal of the one way system?

Yeah its happening for certain.

The leaflet I got from Joan Burton included a copy of a letter from Fingal Co. Co. Roads Dept addressed to Councillors stating that the road was re-opening to two way traffic and that the work would last about 10 days and would be done mostly at night starting at the end of June.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

well i think it was a bloody pain in the ass having to go one way to the offo and then another back. We have a few new roads around what were not there the last time it was 2 way so things may be different.
    And here is the thing I never go near the offo when its peak time.

Advertisement